    determine which staff require extra training.
    thanks for your help
    emma

    Emma, Oct 2, 2003

  2. Emma

    Beoweolf Guest

    Window 2000 pro has a CD that accompanies the install CD, called "getting
    started", it has a tutorial which also has a test. I haven't looked into
    XP-Pro, but I would assume it has the same. As far as the server versions,
    you may want to have your staff attend local community college
    courses....they generally last only a few nights, cost $40 bucks or so and
    cover most genially available aspects of the OS.

    Read and use the provided material. I am always surprised how often people
    with questions have not taken advantage of all the free stuff that comes
    with software. Help, readme files, etc...

    When I did our initial migration from 95/98 desktop to W2K-Pro, I our
    Accounting and HR staff review the CD and do the test, it was on the "honor"
    system. I know some of them fudged on the honor part, but at least they read
    some of the info. Cut down a lot on support calls.

    ,
    "Emma" <> wrote in message
    > Could anyone tell me if Microsoft (or any other reputable
    > company) produce software that tests staff's general
    > computer competency. My company want to test all staff on
    > general windows 2000 and all the office 2000 packages to
    > determine which staff require extra training.
    > thanks for your help
    > emma

    ---

    Beoweolf, Oct 3, 2003