    Should I do anything?

    Thank you
    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Dec 20, 2012

  2. On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 23:51:31 +1300, "Geopelia" <>
    wrote:

    >A small message suddenly popped up on Facebook in a little square.
    >
    >stack overflow at line: 0
    >
    >What does this mean please? I've never seen it before.
    >
    >I just clicked OK.
    >
    >Should I do anything?

    Yes go back to knitting.

    Frank Williams, Dec 20, 2012

  3. On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 08:55:52 +1300, "geoff" <>
    wrote:

    >"Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>A small message suddenly popped up on Facebook in a little square.
    >>
    >> stack overflow at line: 0
    >>
    >> What does this mean please? I've never seen it before.
    >>
    >> I just clicked OK.
    >>
    >> Should I do anything?

    >An internal browser or Facebook error. Or it could possibly be some nasty -
    >was it when you clicked anything in particular ?
    >
    >Do anything ? Yeah - avoid Facebook !
    >
    >geoff

    Same here Yeah - avoid Facebook !

    Frank Williams, Dec 20, 2012
  4. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "geoff" <> wrote in message

    > "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>A small message suddenly popped up on Facebook in a little square.
    >>
    >> stack overflow at line: 0
    >>
    >> What does this mean please? I've never seen it before.
    >>
    >> I just clicked OK.
    >>
    >> Should I do anything?

    > An internal browser or Facebook error. Or it could possibly be some
    > nasty - was it when you clicked anything in particular ?
    >
    > Do anything ? Yeah - avoid Facebook !
    >
    > geoff

    With all the family scattered around the world, we use Facebook all the
    time.
    I'll ask there and see if anyone knows.

    I'll see if it happens again and note what I was doing.
    The computer has been playing up lately. I just restart and it behaves
    itself again.
    Time for the computer man after Christmas, I think.

    Merry Christmas!

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Dec 20, 2012
  5. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 23:51:31 +1300, "Geopelia" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>A small message suddenly popped up on Facebook in a little square.
    >>
    >>stack overflow at line: 0
    >>
    >>What does this mean please? I've never seen it before.
    >>
    >>I just clicked OK.
    >>
    >>Should I do anything?

    > Yes go back to knitting.

    very helpful!

    Merry Christmas!

    Geopelia, Dec 20, 2012
  6. Geopelia

    > On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 08:55:52 +1300, "geoff" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>>A small message suddenly popped up on Facebook in a little square.
    >>>
    >>> stack overflow at line: 0
    >>>
    >>> What does this mean please? I've never seen it before.
    >>>
    >>> I just clicked OK.
    >>>
    >>> Should I do anything?

    >>An internal browser or Facebook error. Or it could possibly be some
    >>nasty -
    >>was it when you clicked anything in particular ?
    >>
    >>Do anything ? Yeah - avoid Facebook !
    >>
    >>geoff
    >>

    > Same here Yeah - avoid Facebook !

    We use Facebook all the time. I'll see if anyone there knows what it is.

    Trend micro watches Facebook, I found. They put a warning on one post, not
    to open.
    So it should be safe enough.

    I've only got it for Friends, so the public, stalkers and silly kids don't
    get in, but a bit of spam gets through sometimes.

    Merry Christmas!
    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Dec 20, 2012
  7. Geopelia

    JohnO Guest

    On Friday, 21 December 2012 10:28:16 UTC+13, Geopelia wrote:
    > "Frank Williams" <> wrote in message

    > > On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 23:51:31 +1300, "Geopelia" <>

    > > wrote:

    > >>A small message suddenly popped up on Facebook in a little square.

    > >>stack overflow at line: 0

    > >>What does this mean please? I've never seen it before.

    > >>I just clicked OK.

    > >>Should I do anything?

    > > Yes go back to knitting.

    > very helpful!
    >

    > Merry Christmas!

    His real name is Roger Sheppard, and that is about as helpful as he gets!

    Merry Christmas to you and Hubby, Geo.

    JohnO, Dec 20, 2012
  8. Geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    On 21/12/12 10:28, Geopelia wrote:
    > "Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 23:51:31 +1300, "Geopelia" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> A small message suddenly popped up on Facebook in a little square.
    >>>
    >>> stack overflow at line: 0
    >>>
    >>> What does this mean please? I've never seen it before.
    >>>
    >>> I just clicked OK.
    >>>
    >>> Should I do anything?

    >> Yes go back to knitting.
    >>

    > very helpful!
    >
    > Merry Christmas!

    That's Roger for you.

    On the face of it, it doesn't look like a big problem, unless it happens
    a lot.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Dec 21, 2012
  9. Geopelia

    Mike Dee Guest

    In article <kauqk0$etd$>,
    "Geopelia" <> wrote:

    > A small message suddenly popped up on Facebook in a little square.
    >
    > stack overflow at line: 0
    >
    > What does this mean please? I've never seen it before.
    >
    > I just clicked OK.
    >
    > Should I do anything?

    Probably not, Geo.

    This page may be helpful, it seems to indicate that the error is related
    to the site you are visiting, in this case a certain page on Facebook

    <http://en.kioskea.net/faq/6657-ie-stack-overflow-at-line-0>

    To quote the relevant part:

    "When you browse certain sites, Microsoft Internet Explorer displays the
    following error:

    Stack overflow at line: 0

    The problem does not come from your computer or your browser, and is not
    a virus. it is simply a JavaScript error related to the site you are
    visiting. Only the site owner can correct this error. You can contact
    them to notify them of this error."

    ----------------
    Cheers and Merry Christmas

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, Dec 21, 2012
  10. Geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-12-21, Mike Dee <> wrote:
    > In article <kauqk0$etd$>,
    > "Geopelia" <> wrote:
    >
    >> A small message suddenly popped up on Facebook in a little square.
    >>
    >> stack overflow at line: 0
    >>
    >> What does this mean please? I've never seen it before.
    >>
    >> I just clicked OK.
    >>
    >> Should I do anything?

    > Probably not, Geo.
    >
    > This page may be helpful, it seems to indicate that the error is related
    > to the site you are visiting, in this case a certain page on Facebook
    >
    ><http://en.kioskea.net/faq/6657-ie-stack-overflow-at-line-0>
    >
    > To quote the relevant part:
    >
    > "When you browse certain sites, Microsoft Internet Explorer displays the
    > following error:
    >
    > Stack overflow at line: 0
    >
    > The problem does not come from your computer or your browser, and is not
    > a virus. it is simply a JavaScript error related to the site you are
    > visiting. Only the site owner can correct this error. You can contact
    > them to notify them of this error."

    So why does not MS, either shut up or b) display the above message?

    > Cheers and Merry Christmas

    And a great New Year, which Mayan wise starts tomorrow morning. Another long
    cycle starts, as one has just/is about to end. 5000 odd years.

    The sun is now in the centre of the universe.

    All this world ending stuff is rather $ grabbing. I reckoned the Mayans
    thought that 700 plus years into the future would do for now calaender wise.

    In some ways they were right, the now, now, now world we live in is right
    here right now. So what is tomorrow?

    Gordon, Dec 21, 2012
  11. Geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-12-20, JohnO <> wrote:
    > On Friday, 21 December 2012 10:28:16 UTC+13, Geopelia wrote:
    >> "Frank Williams" <> wrote in message

    >> > Yes go back to knitting.

    >> very helpful!
    >>

    >> Merry Christmas!

    > His real name is Roger Sheppard, and that is about as helpful as he gets!

    You memory is short. Woger/Roger can fire the bullet thru the bulls eye with
    ease.

    > Merry Christmas to you and Hubby, Geo.

    Lets make that to one and all. Follwed by peace on earth. People are still
    working on that one.

    Gordon, Dec 21, 2012
  12. Geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-12-20, geoff <> wrote:

    > "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>A small message suddenly popped up on Facebook in a little square.
    >>
    >> stack overflow at line: 0
    >>
    >> What does this mean please? I've never seen it before.
    >>
    >> I just clicked OK.
    >>
    >> Should I do anything?

    > An internal browser or Facebook error. Or it could possibly be some nasty -
    > was it when you clicked anything in particular ?
    >
    > Do anything ? Yeah - avoid Facebook !

    I chose to advoid FaceBook et al as they are sucking up personal data for
    their profit.

    The real question of the day is, Who on line do you trust? And I am not
    talking about the small guy.

    Gordon, Dec 21, 2012
  13. Geopelia

    Mike Dee Guest

    In article <>,
    Gordon <> wrote:

    > In some ways they were right, the now, now, now world we live in is right
    > here right now. So what is tomorrow?

    Didn't they (Mayans) invent Kool-Aid?

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, Dec 21, 2012
  14. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <kauqk0$etd$>, , Geopelia
    says...

    > A small message suddenly popped up on Facebook in a little square.
    >
    > stack overflow at line: 0
    >
    > What does this mean please? I've never seen it before.
    >
    > I just clicked OK.
    >
    > Should I do anything?
    >
    > Thank you
    > Geopelia

    It's a javascript error, which you shouldn't worry about. You may need
    to restart IE.

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Dec 21, 2012
  15. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > On 2012-12-20, geoff <> wrote:
    >>
    >> "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>>A small message suddenly popped up on Facebook in a little square.
    >>>
    >>> stack overflow at line: 0
    >>>
    >>> What does this mean please? I've never seen it before.
    >>>
    >>> I just clicked OK.
    >>>
    >>> Should I do anything?

    >> An internal browser or Facebook error. Or it could possibly be some
    >> nasty -
    >> was it when you clicked anything in particular ?
    >>
    >> Do anything ? Yeah - avoid Facebook !
    >>

    > I chose to advoid FaceBook et al as they are sucking up personal data for
    > their profit.

    All I have there is "female" and my age. And my picture was taken in 1959,
    so if they want to stalk a female they are over half a century too late!

    > The real question of the day is, Who on line do you trust? And I am not
    > talking about the small guy.

    I don't do any online banking etc.

    How could Facebook profit? They don't charge anything.

    Geopelia, Dec 21, 2012
  16. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "JohnO" <> wrote in message
    > On Friday, 21 December 2012 10:28:16 UTC+13, Geopelia wrote:
    >> "Frank Williams" <> wrote in message

    >> > Yes go back to knitting.

    >> very helpful!
    >>

    >> Merry Christmas!

    > His real name is Roger Sheppard, and that is about as helpful as he gets!
    >
    > Merry Christmas to you and Hubby, Geo.

    Thanks, and the same to you. Hope the weather keeps fine for you.

    Geopelia, Dec 21, 2012
  17. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    > On 21/12/12 10:28, Geopelia wrote:
    >> "Frank Williams" <> wrote in message

    >>> Yes go back to knitting.
    >>>

    >> very helpful!
    >>
    >> Merry Christmas!
    >>

    > That's Roger for you.
    >
    > On the face of it, it doesn't look like a big problem, unless it happens a
    > lot.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    It's only happened once, that's why I asked here.

    Geopelia, Dec 21, 2012
  18. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Mike Dee" <> wrote in message
    > In article <kauqk0$etd$>,
    > "Geopelia" <> wrote:
    >
    >> A small message suddenly popped up on Facebook in a little square.
    >>
    >> stack overflow at line: 0
    >>
    >> What does this mean please? I've never seen it before.
    >>
    >> I just clicked OK.
    >>
    >> Should I do anything?

    > Probably not, Geo.
    >
    > This page may be helpful, it seems to indicate that the error is related
    > to the site you are visiting, in this case a certain page on Facebook
    >
    > <http://en.kioskea.net/faq/6657-ie-stack-overflow-at-line-0>
    >
    > To quote the relevant part:
    >
    > "When you browse certain sites, Microsoft Internet Explorer displays the
    > following error:
    >
    > Stack overflow at line: 0
    >
    > The problem does not come from your computer or your browser, and is not
    > a virus. it is simply a JavaScript error related to the site you are
    > visiting. Only the site owner can correct this error. You can contact
    > them to notify them of this error."
    >
    > ----------------
    > Cheers and Merry Christmas

    Thank you, and the same to you.

    I forget which page I was looking at, if it's JavaScript I don't use that
    (as far as I am aware), so I won't worry.

    Geopelia, Dec 21, 2012
  19. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <kauqk0$etd$>, , Geopelia
    > says...
    >>
    >> A small message suddenly popped up on Facebook in a little square.
    >>
    >> stack overflow at line: 0
    >>
    >> What does this mean please? I've never seen it before.
    >>
    >> I just clicked OK.
    >>
    >> Should I do anything?
    >>
    >> Thank you
    >> Geopelia

    > It's a javascript error, which you shouldn't worry about. You may need
    > to restart IE.

    Thank you. I've restarted since, and I turn off the computer at nights, so
    it gets a rest.
    It seems to go better after a restart. Seems rather slow these days, unless
    that's the Broadband.

    Merry Christmas!
    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Dec 21, 2012
  20. Geopelia

    Mike Dee Guest

    In article <kb0sts$etn$>,
    "Geopelia" <> wrote:

    > I forget which page I was looking at, if it's JavaScript I don't use that
    > (as far as I am aware), so I won't worry.

    The JavaScript error was coming from the serving page you were looking
    at, not from your computer. But yes, nothing to worry about if it
    doesn't reoccur repeatedly.

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, Dec 21, 2012