    I hit close, and then I cannot start IE again without restarting Windows.
    Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks

    Specs: Internet Explorer 5.0, Windows 3.11, Pentium MMX processor, 24MB RAM

    ernie16, Feb 11, 2007

  2. "ernie16" <> schreef in bericht news:44wzh.815$Aa5.258@trnddc01...
    > Sometimes when I load a web page I get an error message saying that

    Internet
    > Explorer caused a "stack fault" and the message box only has a close

    button.
    > I hit close, and then I cannot start IE again without restarting Windows.
    > Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks
    >
    > Specs: Internet Explorer 5.0, Windows 3.11, Pentium MMX processor, 24MB

    RAM

    > knip

    The problem is very simpel:
    Your computer is out of date.
    Ask your local computer store for more details.
    It isn't from this time to rus with windows 3.11 and only 28 Mb memory.
    You'll have to upgrade almost everything or even buy a new computer.
    min.256 Mb memory you need.
    De Zundappmuts

    ----
    Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
    Download de gratis SPAMfighter vandaag nog!

    De Zundappmuts, Feb 11, 2007

  3. ernie16

    ernie16 Guest

    Why is that? I mean, everything else works just as it always has. I don't
    see why I should have to spend a fortune on all new equipment just to look
    at the Internet.

    But thank you for your response.

    ernie16, Feb 12, 2007
  4. ernie16

    John A Guest

    Sounds tough, but the guy is right. If you want a guess as to your actual
    problem, it'd be that IE5 just isn't fully compatible with such a dated
    system as Win 3.11 and/or with so little RAM.

    As for spending a fortune - you'll find much more up-to-date equipment at
    almost any refuse tip just waiting to be smuggled out for free!

    JohnA

    John A, Feb 12, 2007
  5. ernie16

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <45d0362e$0$8721$>, John A
    <> writes
    >Sounds tough, but the guy is right. If you want a guess as to your actual
    >problem, it'd be that IE5 just isn't fully compatible with such a dated
    >system as Win 3.11 and/or with so little RAM.
    >
    >As for spending a fortune - you'll find much more up-to-date equipment at
    >almost any refuse tip just waiting to be smuggled out for free!

    Too right. Round here you can often pick up a 1 Ghz 256 M ram machine
    for around 20 Quid!...

    --
    Tony Sayer

    tony sayer, Feb 12, 2007
  6. ernie16

    j1mb0jay Guest

    ernie16 wrote:
    > Sometimes when I load a web page I get an error message saying that
    > Internet Explorer caused a "stack fault" and the message box only has
    > a close button. I hit close, and then I cannot start IE again without
    > restarting Windows. Does anyone know what could be causing this?
    > Thanks
    >
    > Specs: Internet Explorer 5.0, Windows 3.11, Pentium MMX processor,
    > 24MB RAM

    If you like "oldskool" why are you using Windows why not try some old distro
    of unix. WARP or something.
    --
    Regards JJ (UWA)

    j1mb0jay, Feb 15, 2007