    --
    M.F. <>
    South Bucks. UK

    Mo F, Oct 5, 2007

  2. Mo F

    chuckcar Guest

    "Mo F" <> wrote in
    news:bMyNi.24297$:

    > Thanks to those who responded to my message about the hopping mouse
    > pointer. Cleaning the inside of the mouse was the first thing I tried
    > but perhaps I didn't do it too well so as all the responses said more
    > or less the same thing I am having another go.

    Make sure you wipe *all* the gunk from all the rollers. This is crucial
    or it won't work. I generally do it by dragging my thumbnail on a slight
    inward angle so that as you finish a pass the roller turns slightly.
    Blow out any residue afterwards. You can also check if this is the real
    cause by trying the rollers separately and seeing if you get an up/down
    and side to side motion with them.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 6, 2007

  3. Mo F

    NotMe Guest

    "Mo F" <> wrote in message
    | Thanks to those who responded to my message about the hopping mouse
    pointer.
    | Cleaning the inside of the mouse was the first thing I tried but perhaps I
    | didn't do it too well so as all the responses said more or less the same
    | thing I am having another go.

    If this is a wired mouse you could have an intermittant connection in the
    cabling.

    NotMe, Oct 6, 2007
  4. Mo F

    chuckcar Guest

    "Mo F" <> wrote in

    > Thanks to those who responded to my message about the hopping mouse
    > pointer. Cleaning the inside of the mouse was the first thing I tried
    > but perhaps I didn't do it too well so as all the responses said more
    > or less the same thing I am having another go.

    Oh, and make *absolutely* sure you don't do the dance while doing any of
    this!

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 7, 2007