    --
    M.F. <>
    South Bucks. UK

    Mo F, Oct 5, 2007

  2. Mo F wrote:
    > My computer has suddenly developed an irritating fault that I can't get to
    > the root of. Any scrollable text pages will suddenly jump down to the bottom
    > of the page and at the same time my mouse pointer seems to get a little
    > sticky and stops or jumps around a bit instead of panning smoothly.
    > Suspecting a virus or worm or somesuch I have tried all of my many
    > anti-virus and other cleaner applications to no avail. It mainly seems to
    > happen when I have a scrollable screen although it is also happening whilst
    > writing this. It is a comparatively new O.S reinstall (XP Pro) so I was not
    > expecting this sort of thing.

    Nuther mouse?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 5, 2007

  3. Mo F

    chuckcar Guest

    "Mo F" <> wrote in

    > My computer has suddenly developed an irritating fault that I can't
    > get to the root of. Any scrollable text pages will suddenly jump down
    > to the bottom of the page and at the same time my mouse pointer seems
    > to get a little sticky and stops or jumps around a bit instead of
    > panning smoothly. Suspecting a virus or worm or somesuch I have tried
    > all of my many anti-virus and other cleaner applications to no avail.
    > It mainly seems to happen when I have a scrollable screen although it
    > is also happening whilst writing this. It is a comparatively new O.S
    > reinstall (XP Pro) so I was not expecting this sort of thing.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Try taking the ball out of the mouse and cleaning all the gunk off the
    rollers that hold it in place. Don't use anything metal. Fingernails
    work as does a cloth. You might try cleaning the ball too, but this
    usually isn't so critical. If you have an optical mouse this won't work
    of course. Then you might try cleaning the underside or while the
    computer is *completely* off, making sure the plug from the mouse is
    properly seated.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 5, 2007
  4. Mo F

    Guest

    On Oct 5, 6:52 am, chuckcar <> wrote:
    > "Mo F" <> wrote innews:kZmNi.50625$:
    >
    > > My computer has suddenly developed an irritating fault that I can't
    > > get to the root of. Any scrollable text pages will suddenly jump down
    > > to the bottom of the page and at the same time my mouse pointer seems
    > > to get a little sticky and stops or jumps around a bit instead of
    > > panning smoothly. Suspecting a virus or worm or somesuch I have tried
    > > all of my many anti-virus and other cleaner applications to no avail.
    > > It mainly seems to happen when I have a scrollable screen although it
    > > is also happening whilst writing this. It is a comparatively new O.S
    > > reinstall (XP Pro) so I was not expecting this sort of thing.

    > > Any suggestions?

    > Try taking the ball out of the mouse and cleaning all the gunk off the
    > rollers that hold it in place. Don't use anything metal. Fingernails
    > work as does a cloth. You might try cleaning the ball too, but this
    > usually isn't so critical. If you have an optical mouse this won't work
    > of course. Then you might try cleaning the underside or while the
    > computer is *completely* off, making sure the plug from the mouse is
    > properly seated.
    >
    > --
    > (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    This is a very common problem, when environment is not condusive to
    the work place.
    Have a cleaner work place. This is must. All the minute particles seat
    on the mouse pad and enter mouse through ball.
    Also periodical cleaning of mouse is must.
    Cleaning with cottonear bug dipped in after shave lotionwill give good
    result.
    Good Luck

    sk

    , Oct 5, 2007
  5. Mo F

    DemoDisk Guest

    "Mo F" <> wrote in message
    > My computer has suddenly developed an irritating fault that I can't

    get to
    > the root of. Any scrollable text pages will suddenly jump down to the

    bottom
    > of the page and at the same time my mouse pointer seems to get a

    little
    > sticky and stops or jumps around a bit instead of panning smoothly.
    > Suspecting a virus or worm or somesuch I have tried all of my many
    > anti-virus and other cleaner applications to no avail. It mainly seems

    > happen when I have a scrollable screen although it is also happening

    whilst
    > writing this. It is a comparatively new O.S reinstall (XP Pro) so I

    was not
    > expecting this sort of thing.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    You shouldn't confuse people with misleading subject lines. I thought
    this was from my pastor asking me to be on the Decorations Committee
    again.

    DemoDisk, Oct 6, 2007
  6. Mo F

    Mo F Guest

    I have no sympathy. You should not have volunteered in the first place and
    you wouldn't have been confused ;-)
    --
    M.F. <>
    South Bucks. UK