    would be nice to use SSL. We've been doing PIX-toPIX for five sites (515 at
    HQ and 506's at remotes) and a handful of remote users but that's expected
    to increase next year. SSL would be nice.
    you know who maybe, Feb 4, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    you know who maybe <> wrote:
    :By this time next year I'll need to service at least 20 clients and it sure
    :would be nice to use SSL. We've been doing PIX-toPIX for five sites (515 at
    :HQ and 506's at remotes) and a handful of remote users but that's expected
    :to increase next year. SSL would be nice.

    There was a recent thread in which a summary of the features of
    PIX 7.0 was posted. Look for the loud argument about non-disclosure
    agreements and trade secret law.
    Walter Roberson, Feb 4, 2005

  3. "Walter Roberson" <-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > you know who maybe <> wrote:
    > :By this time next year I'll need to service at least 20 clients and it
    > sure
    > :would be nice to use SSL. We've been doing PIX-toPIX for five sites (515
    > at
    > :HQ and 506's at remotes) and a handful of remote users but that's
    > expected
    > :to increase next year. SSL would be nice.
    >
    > There was a recent thread in which a summary of the features of
    > PIX 7.0 was posted. Look for the loud argument about non-disclosure
    > agreements and trade secret law.

    Thanks. I can't imagine version 7 would work with an old 515e or 506e and be
    a free upgrade for those on smartnet.... or could it?
    you know who maybe, Feb 4, 2005
  4. In article <>,
    you know who maybe <> wrote:
    :Thanks. I can't imagine version 7 would work with an old 515e or 506e and be
    :a free upgrade for those on smartnet.... or could it?

    On the contrary, the 515E and 506E are two of the newest models.
    The 515E in particular is, I gather, selling in volume. My
    *expectation* is that the first release of 7.0 will work on the 515E;
    it might, though, take to 7.0(2) or even 7.0(3) for 506E support.

    If you have a CON- series smartnet contract, or an SAU- series
    smartnet, then you will be entitled to 7.0 when it is released.
    However, the SA- (or is it SAP-, I keep forgetting) series contracts
    would in theory not be so entitled.
    --
    What is "The Ultimate Meme"? Would it, like Monty Python's
    "The World's Funniest Joke", lead to the deaths of everyone who
    Walter Roberson, Feb 4, 2005
  5. "Walter Roberson" <-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > you know who maybe <> wrote:
    > :Thanks. I can't imagine version 7 would work with an old 515e or 506e and
    > be
    > :a free upgrade for those on smartnet.... or could it?
    >
    > On the contrary, the 515E and 506E are two of the newest models.
    > The 515E in particular is, I gather, selling in volume. My
    > *expectation* is that the first release of 7.0 will work on the 515E;
    > it might, though, take to 7.0(2) or even 7.0(3) for 506E support.

    That would be great. I'd would not be surprised if it need more memory -
    that's simple and I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks if required..
    However I'm not sure there are that many changes or are major advancements
    that would require much more memory, such as adding SSL VPN. I don't
    supposed the ability to use URL's for VPN peers has been added?

    > If you have a CON- series smartnet contract, or an SAU- series
    > smartnet, then you will be entitled to 7.0 when it is released.
    > However, the SA- (or is it SAP-, I keep forgetting) series contracts
    > would in theory not be so entitled.

    Always the CON.

    Thanks!
    you know who maybe, Feb 5, 2005