    Thanks

    Regards,
    Miha

    Miha, Dec 8, 2006

  2. Miha

    S. Pidgorny Guest

    I think that's not possible. The logic: in the OSI model, SSL is
    transport/session layer, and application pools are the top layer,
    application.

    --
    Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP - Security, MCSE
    -= F1 is the key =-

    S. Pidgorny, Dec 10, 2006

  3. Miha

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Svyatoslav is 100% right... you can only configure a certificate on a web
    site. You can configure the same cert to secure multiple child sites of a
    single parent, but that is where the security is... not at the App Pool or
    Service layer.

    As for your second question I do not see why not... Windows Server 2003 Web
    Edition (SP1) does support Certificate Services. See the versions
    comparison chart here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsser...atures/comparefeatures.mspx#Security Services.

    Good luck!

    Montreal MCT, Dec 10, 2006
  4. Miha

    Miha Guest

    Yes, I figured it out allready :) Thank you for you help.
    Regards,
    Miha

    Miha, Dec 11, 2006