    generating and installing the keys.

    Regards,
    Chris A.

    Chris, Aug 4, 2003

  2. On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 11:19:24 +0100, Chris <candrew@_nospam_oxspring.com> wrote:
    > Not sure which forum to post this to, so if its o/t I appologise.

    You're not OT, you're crossposting. Which is very annoying. You do know
    that if you do that a lot, you will get hair on your palms, and turn
    blind as well ?

    > Is it possible, to install a certificate on the server and a
    > corresponding certificate on the client, so only clients holding this
    > certificate can use the web-server?
    >
    > If this is do-able, are there any links which would assist me in
    > generating and installing the keys.

    You also neglected to add valueable information to your posting, such as
    'i am using apache v1.whatever', and/or the platform you're running on,
    etcetera.
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume there's still some
    sanity left.
    Try reading this:

    http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ssl/ssl_howto.html

    ... which is focused on the 2.x release of apache, which you're probably
    not running. The configuration methodsfor <2.0 are pretty similar; if
    you're using some other webserver, try searching some more. This is not
    hard-to-find information.

    Greets,
    Robert
    --
    /^"- '-(\__/)-' -"^\
    '-.' oo '.-' Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?!

    Robert van der Meulen, Aug 4, 2003

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Robert van der Meulen wrote:
    > On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 11:19:24 +0100, Chris <candrew@_nospam_oxspring.com> wrote:

    > You're not OT, you're crossposting. Which is very annoying. You do know
    > that if you do that a lot, you will get hair on your palms, and turn
    > blind as well ?
    >

    > You also neglected to add valueable information to your posting, such as
    > 'i am using apache v1.whatever', and/or the platform you're running on,
    > etcetera.
    > I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume there's still some
    > sanity left.
    > Try reading this:
    >
    > http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ssl/ssl_howto.html
    >
    > .. which is focused on the 2.x release of apache, which you're probably
    > not running. The configuration methodsî??for <2.0 are pretty similar; if
    > you're using some other webserver, try searching some more. This is not
    > hard-to-find information.
    >
    > Greets,
    > Robert

    Thanks Robert. Apologies for cross posting. The link you supplied is
    just what I'm looking for.

    Regards,
    Chris

    Chris, Aug 4, 2003