    have SSID enabled, I connect for about 10-15 minutes. After this time I get
    disconnected, and have to reconnect.

    Has anyone seen anything like this, or am I missing a step in my setup?
    Ivan T. Williams, Jan 19, 2005

  2. Ivan T. Williams

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    Usually it is a result of environmental interferes (like 2.3GHz Phones).

    Otherwise make sure that at least one Wireless is configured correctly and
    put it for a while next to the source.

    Try it with WZC and if it persists switch Off WZC, and try it with the
    original Brand util.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jan 19, 2005

  3. Thank you very much Jack. I've reviewed your site too, excellent. As a test
    for my wireless network, what software could I use to test it "properly"?

    Ivan T. Williams, Jan 20, 2005
  4. If you have a linksys router you can use their website: linksys.com/check to
    see if you have a problem. Beware if you configure your network wrong
    tcp/ip, client,server , etc.. and wireless configuration. Sometime linksys
    will pass the test as nothing wrong.
    Theres lots of tihings can mess up your connection... best advcie is to read
    linksys post online.

    =?Utf-8?B?am9obg==?=, Jan 20, 2005
  5. Ivan T. Williams

    Quaoar Guest

    Ivan T. Williams wrote:
    > Silly question, but on my wireless setup (WinXP Pro, all three PC's),
    > if I have SSID enabled, I connect for about 10-15 minutes. After this
    > time I get disconnected, and have to reconnect.
    >
    > Has anyone seen anything like this, or am I missing a step in my
    > setup?

    Always reboot the modem as the first diagnostic step. Let it sit
    unpowered for a minute to clear the internal MAC address table, often
    required when connecting new equipment to the modem. Repower, then
    reboot the router when the modem is fully booted. See if this helps.
    Quaoar, Jan 21, 2005