    wireless network out there, but when I try to ping the router (192.168.0.1)
    it returns 'Destination host unreachable'?

    Any pointers would be beneficial at this point. Thanks, Dave.
    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZQ==?=, Jun 20, 2005

  2. Nevermind. I had MAC filtering on. I added my desktop using a machine that
    already had access to the router...

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZQ==?=, Jun 20, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    "Dave" <> wrote:
    >I have a Netgear MR814 wireless router and a desktop with a Netgear WG311T
    >wireless adapter.
    >
    >The desktop has Windows XP SP1 installed. (I have a Toshiba notebook with
    >XP connecting to web using the router OK from the same room)
    >
    >My desktop seems to find SSID of the wireless router and knows there is a
    >wireless network out there, but when I try to ping the router (192.168.0.1)
    >it returns 'Destination host unreachable'?
    >
    >Any pointers would be beneficial at this point. Thanks, Dave.

    That error message indicates that your wireless connection doesn't
    have an IP address in the 192.168.0.x range and doesn't have a default
    gateway specified.

    What is the wireless connection's IP address? If it's 169.254.x.x,
    then it isn't succeeding in communicating with the wireless router.
    In that case, check the wireless network settings (SSID, encryption
    type, encryption key).
    --
    Best Wishes,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com