    can credit card info be read anywhere between?

    This using securecrt as a client.

    Thanks.

    Anonymous Sender, Dec 11, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    says...
    > Hello, I am wondering if ssh handles ssl.
    >
    > What I mean is if I connect to a ssh shell and port forward to a ssl
    > proxy on port 443, is the data encrypted so that it cannot be read,
    > at the shell?
    >
    > Then from the proxy if I connect to an ssl server, like online banking,
    > can credit card info be read anywhere between?
    >
    > This using securecrt as a client.
    >
    > Thanks.

    I would assume it's theoretically possible, although I haven't tried it.
    As for it being encrypted, I would say that if it's possible to do it,
    then it would be encrypted, actually, it would be encrypted twice from
    the client side to the ssh server, then a single ssl encryption from the
    ssh server to the ssl server.

    Never tried it, but I may give it a go to check it out.

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/

    Privacy at a click:
    http://www.cotse.net

    A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

    "...I see stupid people."

    Colonel Flagg, Dec 12, 2003

  3. Anonymous Sender

    Eric Guest

    Who's SSH and SSL software are you using?

    ER

    Eric, Dec 12, 2003