    inventory solution which means registry retrieval.

    Best regards,
    Holger

    Holger, Mar 18, 2008

  2. Holger

    Holger Guest

    On Windows 2003 Server R2 x64 the value given in "control panel" >
    system > "computer name" > "computer description" seems to be stored
    in two locations. One resides somewhere (used by the network config)
    and one resides in the registry. The McAfee Access Protection prevents
    that the value will be written to the location in the registry.
    Therefore it is possible that you end up in an inconsistent state
    where the value can not be retrieved from the registry BUT it is
    working from the network perspective as expected.

    Best regards,
    Holger

    Holger, Mar 18, 2008