    find any reference to screensaver.

    --
    Mike W
    Mike the Brewer, Sep 27, 2007

  2. Mike the Brewer

    Ed Cryer Guest

    "Mike the Brewer" <> wrote in message
    news:5tNKi.15882$...
    >I like the "My Pictures" choice of screensaver in the XP dropdown list.
    >(XP pro SP2 )
    > However.........does anyone know if it is possible to get it show
    > images in strict sequence according to file number,
    > rather that at random.
    > ( Pehaps a registry tweak or something ?) although having looked in
    > places in Regedit that I thought likely, I cannot
    > find any reference to screensaver.
    >
    > --
    > Mike W

    I would have thought that if it was available at all it would be in the
    Settings. All I have in mine are;
    1. How often should picture change?
    2. How big should picture be?
    3. Select folder/s to use.
    4. Stretch small pics.
    5. Show file names.
    6. Use transition effects
    7. Allowing scrolling through pics.

    My guess is that random select is hard-coded in the program; not a
    parameter.

    Ed
    Ed Cryer, Sep 27, 2007

  3. Mike the Brewer

    Candy Applez Guest

    of course, as you would probably add or remove pictures

    Candy Applez, Sep 27, 2007
  4. Mike the Brewer

    Another Guest

    Mike the Brewer wrote:
    > I like the "My Pictures" choice of screensaver in the XP dropdown list. (XP
    > pro SP2 )
    > However.........does anyone know if it is possible to get it show images in
    > strict sequence according to file number,
    > rather that at random.
    > ( Pehaps a registry tweak or something ?) although having looked in places
    > in Regedit that I thought likely, I cannot
    > find any reference to screensaver.

    According the FAQs you can create a screen saver with irfanview. I have
    used irfanview but not to create screen savers. See irfanview.com. Its
    free for non-commercial use.
    Another, Sep 28, 2007