"src" path changing automatically??

Discussion in 'Software' started by lisaj, Apr 3, 2008.

  1. lisaj

    lisaj

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    I have an .asp page that contains javascript “src” paths.

    During the time that I checked this .asp page out of Source safe, made some changes (not path changes or any script changes, the change was a small code change), testing the process on my localhost, and taking the program up to the live server, the “src” path changed to the path of the local machine.

    From <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="javascript" TYPE="text/javascript" SRC="js/jDate.js"></SCRIPT> CORRECT ON THE LIVE SERVER

    To <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="javascript" TYPE="text/javascript" SRC="../../../Development/WebMav2/js/jDate.js"></SCRIPT> (CORRECT FOR THE LOCAL MACHINE AS THIS IS THE CORRECT WORKING FOLDER) BUT WILL BOMB THE LIVE SERVER.

    Do you know of any process that physically changes this path???? Or how this happens during local testing?
    lisaj, Apr 3, 2008