    quite cool. More like Mordor than Kaikoura.

    Is there any software that will do this? (I tried to see if there were
    a system saved image somewhere but I couldn't find it).
    Keith, May 29, 2006

  2. Keith

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <447a4fbe$>, "Keith" <> wrote:

    >Is there any software that will do this? (I tried to see if there were
    >a system saved image somewhere but I couldn't find it).

    Most image editing software programs can resize an image, and some let you
    choose the resizing ratio separately for the horizontal and vertical.
    I use PMView (http://www.pmview.com).

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
    Don Hills, May 29, 2006

  3. Keith

    David Guest

    Keith wrote:
    > My Canon digital camera allows you took take panorama photos and then
    > PC based software to “Stitch” the photos together. I’ve got a landscape
    > panorama of the Kaikoura coastline that has a ratio of about 6 wide to
    > 1 high.
    >
    > I’ve rotated my LCD monitor to “portrait” mode and just for fun the
    > other day I set the panorama as my screen wallpaper on ”Stretch” mode.
    > This results in the image being squished horizontally. The resulting
    > image of the Inland Kaikouras has massive vertical distortion and looks
    > quite cool. More like Mordor than Kaikoura.
    >
    > Is there any software that will do this? (I tried to see if there were
    > a system saved image somewhere but I couldn't find it).

    If you have access to photoshop, it can do this no sweat, just change
    the width while keeping the height the same.
    David, May 29, 2006
  4. Keith

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Keith" <> wrote in news:447a4fbe$:

    > Is there any software that will do this? (I tried to see if there were
    > a system saved image somewhere but

    Irfanview does this and more.
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, May 29, 2006
  5. Hi there,

    David wrote:
    > Keith wrote:
    >
    >> My Canon digital camera allows you took take panorama photos and then
    >> PC based software to “Stitch” the photos together. I’ve got a
    >> landscape panorama of the Kaikoura coastline that has a ratio of about
    >> 6 wide to 1 high.
    >>
    >> I’ve rotated my LCD monitor to “portrait” mode and just for fun the
    >> other day I set the panorama as my screen wallpaper on ”Stretch” mode.
    >> This results in the image being squished horizontally. The resulting
    >> image of the Inland Kaikouras has massive vertical distortion and
    >> looks quite cool. More like Mordor than Kaikoura.
    >>
    >> Is there any software that will do this? (I tried to see if there were
    >> a system saved image somewhere but I couldn't find it).
    >>

    > If you have access to photoshop, it can do this no sweat, just change
    > the width while keeping the height the same.

    Gimp for Windows is a good alternative to Photoshop for
    the budget conscious, and is free. It can do what you
    ask. Once you've installed it just open your image, then
    from the menus on the image window go 'Image > Scale Image'.
    When the dialog pops up click on the little chain link next
    to the height and width numbers so the link looks open. Just
    type in a bigger height, and click 'Scale'. Done.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.
    Chris Wilkinson, May 29, 2006
  6. Keith

    Jasen Betts Guest

    On 2006-05-29, Keith <> wrote:

    > My Canon digital camera allows you took take panorama photos and then
    > PC based software to “Stitch” the photos together. I’ve got a landscape
    > panorama of the Kaikoura coastline that has a ratio of about 6 wide to
    > 1 high.
    >
    > I’ve rotated my LCD monitor to “portrait” mode and just for fun the
    > other day I set the panorama as my screen wallpaper on ”Stretch” mode.
    > This results in the image being squished horizontally. The resulting
    > image of the Inland Kaikouras has massive vertical distortion and looks
    > quite cool. More like Mordor than Kaikoura.
    >
    > Is there any software that will do this? (I tried to see if there were
    > a system saved image somewhere but I couldn't find it).

    the gimp, image magick, netpbm, to name 3 free packages in decreasing order
    of user interface.

    Bye.
    Jasen
    Jasen Betts, May 29, 2006
  7. Keith

    Keith Guest

    (Don Hills) wrote:
    >In article <447a4fbe$>, "Keith" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>Is there any software that will do this? (I tried to see if there were
    >>a system saved image somewhere but I couldn't find it).

    >Most image editing software programs can resize an image, and some let you
    >choose the resizing ratio separately for the horizontal and vertical.
    >I use PMView (http://www.pmview.com).

    Thanks to all who replied. If only I had noticed the "Allow distortion" switch (M$ Photo Editor) I wouldn't have posted the dumb query.
    Keith, May 29, 2006
  8. Keith

    Guest

    Keith - PictureGirdle can do this. You can choose whatever size you
    would like the output to be. It can also process hundreds of photos at
    once - as many as your system can handle.

    Its at http://www.scrammit.com

    HTH
    , Jun 4, 2006