    Occasionally, usually only once per session, I will be surfing the net and
    there will be a brief (1 second) squeaking sound that comes out of my
    console. Not from the speakers,- . . . . the console itself. Any ideas?
    Bubba, May 1, 2005

  2. Bubba

    PMD Guest

    Bubba wrote:
    > Occasionally, usually only once per session, I will be surfing the net and
    > there will be a brief (1 second) squeaking sound that comes out of my
    > console. Not from the speakers,- . . . . the console itself. Any ideas?

    Could be the mouse.

    --

    ~PMD~

    Squadron Leader

    "Most Scots are idiots, especially those who live in Glasgow."
    Peter Hucker - Scotsman.
    PMD, May 1, 2005

  3. Bubba

    birdman Guest

    It is probably a case fan.
    However it could be the screech of death from a hard drive about to enter
    the big sleep or a power supply about to fry.
    As a precaution back up your files . . .
    You have been warned.
    birdman, May 1, 2005
  4. Bubba

    JANA Guest

    I have had intermittent noises from fans that were starting to fail. Bearing
    type fans can sometimes make high pitch noises. Take care, on rare
    occasions a hardisk can also become noisy for a while before failing.

    Always keep all valuable data backed up!

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, May 2, 2005