    find any way of opening the application.
    --
    Hagan

    =?Utf-8?B?SGFnYW4=?=, May 11, 2007

  2. Hagan wrote:
    > I have downloaded Microsoft SQL server because I want to learn how to build a
    > database in SQL. I was expecting to have a programme like Microsoft Access,
    > but although a file "Microsoft SQL Server" appears on my C drive, I cannot
    > find any way of opening the application.

    SQL Server 2000 or 2005? Do you know which edition you downloaded? If
    2005 Express Edition, download SQL Server Management Studio. It
    contains the 'tools'.

    Good luck,

    --
    Jonathan Roberts
    MCTS: SQL Server 2005, MCP

    Information on MS VHD Images: http://tinyurl.com/y5bozl
    Great MS Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/default.aspx
    Feedback on 70-431 Exam: http://www.jonathanroberts.eu/?p=6

    Jonathan Roberts, May 11, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SGFnYW4=?=

    Thor Guest

    SQL Server is not that kind of an application.

    If you are used to Access, you might design in Access and use the Upsizing
    Wizard.
    If you want to program against it (with VB.NET or something) you can use
    Visual Studio for basic operations.
    There are many free tools for reporting and managment, start on
    microsoft.com/sql

    In either case you might want to learn TSQL.

    53

    Thor, May 11, 2007
  4. Thanks, I think I can now see a way forward.
    --
    Hagan

    =?Utf-8?B?SGFnYW4=?=, May 11, 2007
  5. Jonathan Roberts, May 13, 2007