    simply been tasked to discover reasonable explanations to this
    occurance, I have not been given specifics. Thanks
    , Jul 24, 2007

  2. Mara Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 22:51:43 -0000, wrote:

    >I have a sql server database that has been running four approximately
    >four years around 4 mbs and within the past 4-5 months it has jumped
    >in size to around 3 gbs. There has not been any updates to the
    >software using this database and the scope of the database has not
    >changed. Are there any known reasons that would explain this rapid
    >growth? Let me know if you need any other information. As I have
    >simply been tasked to discover reasonable explanations to this
    >occurance, I have not been given specifics. Thanks

    There's a ton of SQL exploits about. Are you sure it isn't compromised?

    --
    "Let's face it, the average computer user has the brain of a Spider Monkey."
    --Bill Gates, about his customers
    Mara, Jul 24, 2007

  3. Mr. Arnold Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I have a sql server database that has been running four approximately
    > four years around 4 mbs and within the past 4-5 months it has jumped
    > in size to around 3 gbs. There has not been any updates to the
    > software using this database and the scope of the database has not
    > changed. Are there any known reasons that would explain this rapid
    > growth? Let me know if you need any other information. As I have
    > simply been tasked to discover reasonable explanations to this
    > occurance, I have not been given specifics. Thanks

    You are for sure not posting to the correct NG. This NG is not MS SQL
    server NG.

    You'll find the correct NG by looking for a MS SQL Server NG at
    msnews.microsoft.com.
    Mr. Arnold, Jul 25, 2007
  4. Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I have a sql server database that has been running four approximately
    > four years around 4 mbs and within the past 4-5 months it has jumped
    > in size to around 3 gbs. There has not been any updates to the
    > software using this database and the scope of the database has not
    > changed. Are there any known reasons that would explain this rapid
    > growth? Let me know if you need any other information. As I have
    > simply been tasked to discover reasonable explanations to this
    > occurance, I have not been given specifics. Thanks

    When was the last time you did basic SQL Database maintenance?

    When was the last time you shrunk the database?

    Was it the data file or the transaction file that increased?

    --
    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    and put on his website: http://www.futurehardware.in/595578-2.htm all
    exposed to children (the link I've include does not directly display his
    filth). You can find the same information by googling for 'PCBUTTS1' and
    'exposed to kids'.
    Leythos, Jul 25, 2007