Sql Server 2005 for MCAD

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZGVlcA==?=, Jun 19, 2006.

  1. hi everybody,

    I want to install Sql Server 2005, Developer Edition for the purpose of MCAD
    on my system. My system configuration:

    1. Operating System - Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
    2. Processor - Intel (r) Pentium IV 2.8 GHZ
    3. RAM - 512 MB

    System Requirements for installing SQL SERVER 2005:

    1. Operating System - XP SP2/Server 2000 SP4/Server 2003
    2. Processor - P III or higher
    3. Processor speed - Minimum 600 MHZ
    4. RAM - Mimimum : 512 MB
    Recommended : 1 GB or more

    So, when i install Sql server, set up gives a warning about minimum hardware
    requirements. According to me, the reason can be that my system is actually
    showing 480MB of RAM instead of 512 MB in the system properties dialog. The
    setup,however, can continue & install the sql server.

    Now, i want to know whether i should extend the memory to more than 512 MB
    or should i install the sql server. if i install what will be performance of
    the system? is there any problem or not? Please help me.

    Sandeep

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZGVlcA==?=, Jun 19, 2006

  2. > Now, i want to know whether i should extend the memory to more than 512
    > MB
    > or should i install the sql server. if i install what will be
    > performance of
    > the system? is there any problem or not? Please help me.

    It will probably run fine, certainly if you're using it for certification
    exercises.

    Greetings,
    Wessel

    Wessel Troost, Jun 19, 2006

  3. > Now, i want to know whether i should extend the memory to more than 512

    Wessel Troost, Jun 19, 2006
  4. "Wessel Troost" wrote:

    > > Now, i want to know whether i should extend the memory to more than 512
    > > MB
    > > or should i install the sql server. if i install what will be
    > > performance of
    > > the system? is there any problem or not? Please help me.
    > >

    > It will probably run fine, certainly if you're using it for certification
    > exercises.

    It will probably run, but you may want to add memory anyway. SQL Server 2005
    uses a lot more memory than SQL 2000, even idling.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGlhbmUgd2lsc29u?=, Jun 19, 2006

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGlhbmUgd2lsc29u?=, Jun 19, 2006
  6. Thanks people for your time & advice.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZGVlcA==?=, Jun 20, 2006
  7. Thanks people for your time & advice.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZGVlcA==?=, Jun 20, 2006