    i'm unsure which is best for me.

    I aim to use it for developing alongside ASP & ASP.net

    Regards

    GD, Jul 3, 2004

  2. GD

    why? Guest

    x-post trimmed to 24HSHD from
    24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.sqlserver
    and no FUs set.

    On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 15:57:41 +0100, GD wrote:

    >Which version should I download ?
    >
    >I am currently running dual boot system Win2000 / Win XP Pro (Use Pro
    >mainly) - I have seen many diff versions available on the MS website, but
    >i'm unsure which is best for me.

    That would be the 64bit version or not, if you do/don't have a 64bit
    system.

    Or even the CE version for mobile devices, which doesn't match your OS
    selection above, so it's not that version.

    Could be the MSDE version, for making embedded database, for new
    developers up to 25 users.

    Maybe just the large and expensive SQL Server 2000.

    It's always possible you may want to start off with the SQL Server 2005
    Express Preview, a free download.

    >I aim to use it for developing alongside ASP & ASP.net

    Then perhaps another SQL server would do?
    MySQL
    miniSQL
    Borland

    long lost here,
    http://db.cs.berkeley.edu/otherdbms.html

    Me

    why?, Jul 3, 2004

  3. GD

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "GD" <> wrote in news:40e6c965$0$6440
    $:

    > Which version should I download ?
    >
    > I am currently running dual boot system Win2000 / Win XP Pro (Use Pro
    > mainly) - I have seen many diff versions available on the MS website, but
    > i'm unsure which is best for me.
    >
    > I aim to use it for developing alongside ASP & ASP.net

    You should use the Desktop version of MS SQL Server 2000. The Desktop
    version will run on Win 2k and XP pro and is what I use in the ASP.NET
    development work.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 3, 2004
  4. GD

    Duane Arnold, Jul 3, 2004
  5. GD

    St Bernard Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Which version should I download ?
    >
    >I am currently running dual boot system Win2000 / Win XP Pro (Use Pro
    >mainly) - I have seen many diff versions available on the MS website, but
    >i'm unsure which is best for me.
    >
    >I aim to use it for developing alongside ASP & ASP.net
    >
    >Regards

    I haven't tried this myself yet but it looks interesting, if MS is
    your thing :)

    SQL Server 2005 Express Edition:

    http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/sql/

    St Bernard, Jul 4, 2004