    "Designing and implementing sql server 2000" by microsoft
    and
    How will the exam be? Tough or hard?

    Harish, Apr 27, 2004

  2. Franco Figún, Apr 27, 2004

  3. Harish

    Yorkie Guest

    I passed 70-229 this morning (with a score of 864). I
    originally read the MS book you mention, but found it
    *very* dry. The writing style was not very good at all,
    and it was a struggle to get through it all. To cap it
    all off, Replication wasn't covered at all (apart from a
    glancing mention in the second section), which is a BIG
    mistake as you will need to go through the various
    Replication configurations for the exam.

    I had my exam scheduled in but didn't feel happy about it
    so I put it back a week and got the QUE book for 70-229
    by Thomas Moore:

    /0735711291/qid=1083077309/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-5749824-
    0299269?v=glance&s=books

    What a change! I read it cover to cover in 4 days. The
    writing style makes it a lot easier to get through and I
    find myself taking it in a lot better. After reading the
    QUE book, I felt a lot more confident about the exam and
    took it a week later with no problems.

    The QUE book does have a LOT of mistakes though (50+, I
    would estimate)! Thankfully they are minor typos and
    easy-to-spot errors, and in fact they actually help you
    to study the material as you get quite proficient at
    spotting them.

    Overall, I would say ditch the MS book and get the QUE
    book. Also, "Inside SQL Server" is a big favourite with
    lots of other people on here, but I haven't read that.

    Hope that helps!

    Yorkie, Apr 27, 2004
  4. Harish

    DalePres Guest

    You're going to write it? And you haven't even taken it yet?

    DalePres, Apr 28, 2004
  5. Harish

    ekel Guest

    Dear Haris,

    70-229 is not too hard. For the beginners is only have 44
    question. And its about: "Database Normalization", "Stored
    Procedure and Trigger", "SQL Server 2000 Features" like
    Profiler, Query Analyzer, etc.

    I have passed it by score: 909

    I Do not have a special books. Its only base on my
    experience, a little bit "analytic & logic" that's all. So
    u dont be worried, just do the best! U can do it!!!!!!

    ekel, Apr 29, 2004