SQL error - invalid object

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by sfalleti, Feb 16, 2010.

  1. sfalleti

    sfalleti

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Hi there,

    We have dataloads which are loaded from one system to another.
    The script removes the load table if it exists, recreates it and then loads to it. On success it should move the file to the archive directory.

    Although we can see the table successfully creates, we are getting this error. Although sometimes even after the message, the data will load successfully, other times it does not. Here is an excerpt of the messages.

    extract: 39,616 Sequence : 1 Loading data to load table Command: 30 Type: SQL Syntax: BULK INSERT database>.dbo.transactions_load FROM "\\sfap02e\dataload\in\company\ready\sst_mcn.txt._20100216"
    WITH (DATAFILETYPE = 'char',
    BATCHSIZE = 10000,
    CODEPAGE = 'RAW',
    FIELDTERMINATOR = '~~',
    ROWTERMINATOR = '0x0A',
    MAXERRORS=1000000,
    TABLOCK,
    FIRSTROW=2)
    16/02/10 09:45:02 ERROR! Extract: 39,616 Sequence: 1 Loading data to load table Command Type: SQL
    Syntax: BULK INSERT f<database>.dbo.transactions_load FROM "\\sfap02e\dataload\in\company\ready\sst_mcn.txt._20100216"
    WITH (DATAFILETYPE = 'char',
    BATCHSIZE = 10000,
    CODEPAGE = 'RAW',
    FIELDTERMINATOR = '~~',
    ROWTERMINATOR = '0x0A',
    MAXERRORS=1000000,
    TABLOCK,
    FIRSTROW=2)
    Error: Invalid object name '<database>.dbo.transactions_load'.
    16/02/10 09:45:07 Extract: 39,616 Sequence : 1 Verifying rows loaded Command: 40 Type: SQL-LONG Syntax: select isnull (min (0), 1) where (select count (*) from transactions_load) = 368901 - 1

    There was more...and it keeps on going after this. sometimes it fails and never works, but this morning on the third attempt the file loaded and moved to the archive directory. The problem is that this should be happening automatically by the system and should require no manual intervention. It should also not error but then go through on some occasions.

    Any help would be appreciated :)
    sfalleti, Feb 16, 2010