Spywhere Product Question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Aug 21, 2004.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hi,

    Is there a simple downloadable (hopefully inexpensive or free) product that
    would enable me to make a periodic check of my PC to see if there is any
    "spywhere" on it ?

    I guess the operative word is simple.

    I would like to avoid having to install anything that goes, permanently,
    beween my
    PC and ISP provider.

    Some time back I tried a product, I think it was from Lava, and had all
    sorts of problems.

    Am running W98 on an old Dell.

    Might as well also ask, though:

    If I have to go the full-blown approach, what's the best, in your opinions,
    out there ?

    Thanks,
    Bob
    Robert11, Aug 21, 2004

  2. Robert11

    madmax Guest

    Robert11 wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a simple downloadable (hopefully inexpensive or free) product that
    > would enable me to make a periodic check of my PC to see if there is any
    > "spywhere" on it ?
    >
    > I guess the operative word is simple.
    >
    > I would like to avoid having to install anything that goes, permanently,
    > beween my
    > PC and ISP provider.
    >
    > Some time back I tried a product, I think it was from Lava, and had all
    > sorts of problems.
    >
    > Am running W98 on an old Dell.
    >
    > Might as well also ask, though:
    >
    > If I have to go the full-blown approach, what's the best, in your opinions,
    > out there ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    There are some online scanners like pest patrol.There are also on demand
    scanners and ones that run in the background.I have links to free ones
    on my site.
    -max

    --
    To help you stay safe see: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html
    Change nomail.afraid.org to neo.rr.com so you can reply by e-mail
    madmax, Aug 21, 2004

  3. Robert11

    Brian Guest

    "Robert11" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a simple downloadable (hopefully inexpensive or free) product

    that
    > would enable me to make a periodic check of my PC to see if there is any
    > "spywhere" on it ?
    >
    > I guess the operative word is simple.
    >
    > I would like to avoid having to install anything that goes, permanently,
    > beween my
    > PC and ISP provider.
    >
    > Some time back I tried a product, I think it was from Lava, and had all
    > sorts of problems.
    >
    > Am running W98 on an old Dell.
    >
    > Might as well also ask, though:
    >
    > If I have to go the full-blown approach, what's the best, in your

    opinions,
    > out there ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    also.. downlaod and update these::::::
    hijack this
    http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html
    spybot
    http://www.download.com/Spybot-Sear...122137.html?part=dl-spybot&subj=dl&tag=button
    cwshredder
    http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/10/17/10-17-150.shtml
    Brian, Aug 21, 2004
  4. Robert11

    spiceman Guest

    http://www.lavasoft.de/
    http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html

    --
    My email is invalid, please reply to the newsgroup

    spiceman, Aug 21, 2004