    anyone give me some feedback that what I need to use & how much it costs?

    Thanks.

    Rob

    Rob, Apr 28, 2004

  2. Rob

    John Guest

    if you want spyware protection you need the following freeware programs

    spyware guard -
    a.. SpywareGuard scans files BEFORE they are opened/run/executed, and can
    block access to the file (if spyware is detected) BEFORE it is run.

    Thus, if a spyware file is detected by SpywareGuard, it will not be opened
    or run at all.

    SpywareGuard also provides unique Download Protection (IE-only), which
    blocks spyware downloads, and Browser Hijack Protection, which alerts of
    browser hijacking activity in real-time.

    SpyBlaster
    - prevent spyware installs, SpywareBlaster pioneered the
    effective use of prevention techniques to reduce or greatly eliminate
    spyware-related problems, as well as problems related to other unwanted
    software such as dialers, browser hijackers, and adware.

    those two programs stop spyware being installed on your pc

    and you also need spybot search and destroy and ad-ware, these two programs
    will remove any spyware from your pc

    these are the links for all the programs

    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/

    also there is IE spypad
    http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/resource.htm#IESPYAD

    John, Apr 28, 2004

  3. Rob

    Boomer Guest

    "Rob" <> did say:

    > I am looking for a good spyware program that I can use for home
    > use. Can anyone give me some feedback that what I need to use &
    > how much it costs?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Rob

    Hi
    Install, immediately update then run, at least, the first four.

    Ad-aware Aims at Adware/Spyware.
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotS&D Aims for the dialers, trojans,
    hijackers and security/privacy issues.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Spyware Blaster

    CoolWebShredder

    HijackThis
    http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    Info on above and more.

    Parasites: Cookies, Dialers, Keyloggers, Trackers
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/bhoindex.htm

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    ~Unsolicited commercial software list and info~
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    ~Other software~
    http://www.wilders.org/

    Newsgroups: alt.privacy.spyware
    alt.comp.anti-virus

    Also serach Google and Googles archive for more information.

    Top 10 Tips to Keep Your Computer Virus-Free
    http://www.symantec.com/homecomputing/library/topten.html

    Boomer, Apr 28, 2004
  4. Rob

    °Mike° Guest

    All of the following are free, and all should
    be updated and used regularly.

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)

    On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 06:42:43 GMT, in
    <DnIjc.57298$>
    Rob scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 28, 2004
  5. Rob

    Pat Guest

    Go to Spybot for a free download

    Pat, Apr 28, 2004
  6. Rob

    ProfGene Guest

    Spybot is good and it is free

    ProfGene, Apr 29, 2004
  7. Rob

    x@y Guest

    "John" <n/> wrote in message ...
    > and just to let you know ALL these programs are SCUMWARE. they

    pretend to be
    > removing spyware but they are actually putting their own

    spyware in your
    > computer.
    >
    > AdProtector
    > AdWare Remover Gold
    > BPS Spyware Remover
    > InternetAntiSpy
    > Online PC-Fix
    > SpyAssault
    > SpyBan
    > SpyBlast
    > SpyFerret
    > SpyGone
    > SpyHunter
    > SpyKiller
    > SpyKiller Pro
    > SpywareNuker
    > Spy Wiper
    > Stop Sign
    > TZ Spyware-Adware Remover
    > Virtual Bouncer
    > xp-AntiSpy
    >
    > "Rob" <> wrote in message
    > > I am looking for a good spyware program that I can use for

    home use. Can
    > > anyone give me some feedback that what I need to use & how

    much it costs?

    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > Rob

    Hello "John" !!
    I am using "SpyWare Killer" PC Software. From Cosmi.
    Their Website @: www.cosmi.com
    Is this also in Your above List under different title??
    I do not see a perfect title match.
    Please let me know on this thread.
    Thanks. x@y.

    x@y, Apr 29, 2004
  8. Rob

    gurnmaster Guest

    that list is taken from a user on a forum who knows what he is talking about
    (not me as you can guess)

    i suggest you log onto http://www.web-user.co.uk, join there forum and ask
    them about the spyware program you are running as they can tell you if it is
    a fake or the real deal

    just be on the safe side, as you dont want a program on your pc that is
    doing you more harm then good

    gurnmaster, Apr 29, 2004
  9. Rob

    x@y Guest

    "gurnmaster" <n/> wrote in message
    > that list is taken from a user on a forum who knows what he is

    talking about
    > (not me as you can guess)
    >
    > i suggest you log onto http://www.web-user.co.uk, join there

    forum and ask
    > them about the spyware program you are running as they can tell

    you if it is
    > a fake or the real deal

    Hello !! and,
    Thank You very much for the above Link,
    I will visit the Website and learn more.
    x@y.

    > just be on the safe side, as you dont want a program on your pc

    that is
    > doing you more harm then good
    >
    > "x@y" <> wrote in message
    > > > "Rob" <> wrote in message