    Is there anyway I can get rid of this stuff, it is really ANNOYING
    me...

    warmest regards and thanks in advance...

    the_niner_nation, Jan 22, 2005

  2. the_niner_nation

    samuel Guest

    "the_niner_nation" <> wrote in
    news::

    > No matter how many times I run and re-run adaware, i am still
    > infested with spywear on my PC....
    > It also shows when i do an anti virus scan using Norton2005.
    >
    > Is there anyway I can get rid of this stuff, it is really
    > ANNOYING me...
    >
    > warmest regards and thanks in advance...

    download, install, update, run these
    Spybot Search and Destroy
    Spyware Blaster
    Hijackthis

    check your Hijackthis log file here.
    http://hijackthis.de/index.php?langselect=english

    read
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

    did you try online scans ?
    http://housecall.antivirus.com/
    http://www.mcafee.com/us/

    samuel, Jan 22, 2005

  3. the_niner_nation

    Mellowed Guest

    If the other suggestions haven't solved the problem, download the free
    version of Pest Patrol. www.pestpatrol.com

    Hummm. I just checked the site and it has changed. Computer Associates
    bought Pest Patrol and it is not as attractive as in the past. It is now
    only a last resort. It looks like things are getting screwed up.

    Mellowed, Jan 22, 2005
  4. the_niner_nation

    Saba Guest

    if bnoting works, try Microsoft´s new antispyware program

    Saba, Jan 22, 2005
  5. On 22 Jan 2005 04:42:47 -0800, "the_niner_nation"
    <> wrote:

    >No matter how many times I run and re-run adaware, i am still infested
    >with spywear on my PC....
    >It also shows when i do an anti virus scan using Norton2005.
    >
    >Is there anyway I can get rid of this stuff, it is really ANNOYING
    >me...
    >
    >warmest regards and thanks in advance...

    This usually indicates that the program which installs the spyware is
    still installed on the machine. OR you are still using web services
    (game, greeting card, shopping survey) sites that install spyware.

    Go to Control Panel and open add/remove programs. Open your browser
    and search Google for the names of the programs installed on your
    computer including the word "spyware" in the search terms. This will
    give you spyware discussion sites that mention that program. If it is
    identified as spyware or a spyware installer, remove the program from
    add/remove. If that fails, search for the program name again and
    include "uninstall" or "remove" in the search terms. That will give
    you pages discussing removal methods for the program. Once you've
    uninstalled any spyware using software from your computer, rerun
    Adaware also run Spybot Search and Destroy. These will remove the
    spyware files and with the spyware installers gone, they should not
    reoccur. You don't have to look up every program. Obviously
    legitimate stuff (Microsoft, Adobe, AOL for example) isn't putting the
    stuff on your machine.

    Swill

    --

    You can have my forteinc.com account when you pry it out of my
    cold, dead, hard drive. http://www.forteinc.com

    Governor Swill, Jan 22, 2005
  6. the_niner_nation

    MP Guest

    I have the same problems, right now I'm using FREE MS-Antispyware Beta and
    its work well , the most important thing is its absolutely totally FREE try
    it.

    Good Luck and Cheers

    MP, Jan 23, 2005
  7. the_niner_nation

    Reader Guest

    MP wrote:

    > I have the same problems, right now I'm using FREE MS-Antispyware
    > Beta and its work well , the most important thing is its absolutely
    > totally FREE

    Many other antispyware apps are also totally FREE (eg. Spybot) and
    they're not just re-badged versions of other software, like MS is.

    Reader, Jan 23, 2005
  8. On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 00:53:06 -0600, "MP"
    <> wrote:

    >I have the same problems, right now I'm using FREE MS-Antispyware Beta and
    >its work well , the most important thing is its absolutely totally FREE try
    >it.

    There are a dozen free and effective antiparasite tools but the MS one
    won't be for long.

    Swill

    Governor Swill, Jan 23, 2005