    there - and then wanted to charge me £29.99 for the privilege of removing
    them .
    Any help advice would be greatly appreciated .

    Hush-up!!, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Hush-up!!

    Boomer Guest

    "Hush-up!!" <> wrote in
    news:bqh1k6$r4g$:

    > I just sucessfully remover "Bargain Buddy" adder from my hard
    > drive - it really has made a difference - things have never been
    > so fast !!! Are there any more add or spywear programs that I can
    > "Delete"myself ? - I tried some of the so called free removal
    > offers but all they seemed to do was scan my drive - inform me
    > that there were spywear or Adder programmes lurking there - and
    > then wanted to charge me £29.99 for the privilege of removing them
    > . Any help advice would be greatly appreciated .

    Mentioned many times in this group:

    Install, at least, the first three.
    Keep updated and use often. :)

    Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans,
    hijackers and security/privacy issues.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Spyware Blaster

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    StartupList, HijackThis and CoolWebShredder
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/

    Info on above and more.

    Parasites: Cookies, Dialers, Keyloggers, Trackers
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/bhoindex.htm

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    ~Unsolicited commercial software list and info~
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    ~Other software~
    http://www.wilders.org/

    Newsgroup: alt.privacy.spyware

    Top 10 Tips to Keep Your Computer Virus-Free
    http://www.symantec.com/homecomputing/library/topten.html

    --
    I need to go lie down in a darkened room.
    -anOLDun

    Boomer, Dec 2, 2003

  3. Hush-up!!

    SlowwHand Guest

    I use SpyBot in conjunction with AdAware.

    SlowwHand, Dec 2, 2003