    joevan Guest

    150 new items 8-23-05

    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Aug 23, 2005

  2. joevan

    Buffalo Guest

    Thanks

    Buffalo, Aug 23, 2005

  3. joevan

    Scraggy Guest

    joevan wrote:
    > 150 new items 8-23-05

    Thanks.
    members. Groucho Marx

    Scraggy, Aug 23, 2005
  4. joevan

    B_Dizzle Guest

    Thanks for pointing that out. I was finally able to update it
    yesterday....for the first time in a month...since I found out why it would
    not update.
    B_Dizzle

    B_Dizzle, Aug 23, 2005
  5. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:20:48 GMT, "B_Dizzle"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks for pointing that out. I was finally able to update it
    >yesterday....for the first time in a month...since I found out why it would
    >not update.
    >B_Dizzle
    >
    >"joevan" <> wrote in message
    >> 150 new items 8-23-05
    >>

    >> --
    >> "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
    >> and for the same reason."

    You're welcome but I am curious as to the why. Care to let us know?

    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Aug 23, 2005
  6. joevan

    trout Guest

    joevan wrote:

    > On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:20:48 GMT, "B_Dizzle"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks for pointing that out. I was finally able to update it
    >> yesterday....for the first time in a month...since I found out why
    >> it would not update.
    >> B_Dizzle
    >>
    >> "joevan" <> wrote in message
    >>> 150 new items 8-23-05
    >>>

    > You're welcome but I am curious as to the why. Care to let us know?

    He did:
    --
    Sort of.

    trout, Aug 23, 2005
  7. joevan

    B_Dizzle Guest

    Sure, I'd be happy to...as long as it will help someone who might be lost.
    Norton Internet Security 2005
    Personal Firewall ON
    Click Configure on right side of box (under Turn Off option)
    Click the Programs tab on the top of the box
    Settings for: Default (Active) Network Detector is Off.
    Under Manual Program Control: arrow down to SpywareBlaster>>
    >> under where it says Internet Access, it should read Permit All and
    >> General

    At the bottom of that box click OK, and you should be able to download
    updates you need for that program.

    I know that's a bit long winded, but I am just learning, and that was the
    best way I could figure to explain to you why it wouldn't allow updates.

    Diz

    B_Dizzle, Aug 24, 2005
  8. joevan

    Buffalo Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > joevan wrote:
    >
    > > On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:20:48 GMT, "B_Dizzle"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Thanks for pointing that out. I was finally able to update it
    > >> yesterday....for the first time in a month...since I found out why
    > >> it would not update.
    > >> B_Dizzle
    > >>
    > >> "joevan" <> wrote in message
    > >>>

    > > You're welcome but I am curious as to the why. Care to let us know?

    > He did:
    > --
    > Sort of.

    So Trout,
    Just exactly was you link supposed to tell anyone?

    Buffalo, Aug 24, 2005
  9. joevan

    Buffalo Guest

    "B_Dizzle" <> wrote in message
    > Sure, I'd be happy to...as long as it will help someone who might be lost.
    > Norton Internet Security 2005
    > Personal Firewall ON
    > Click Configure on right side of box (under Turn Off option)
    > Click the Programs tab on the top of the box
    > Settings for: Default (Active) Network Detector is Off.
    > Under Manual Program Control: arrow down to SpywareBlaster>>
    > >> under where it says Internet Access, it should read Permit All and
    > >> General

    > At the bottom of that box click OK, and you should be able to download
    > updates you need for that program.
    >
    > I know that's a bit long winded, but I am just learning, and that was the
    > best way I could figure to explain to you why it wouldn't allow updates.
    >
    > Diz

    Thanks for the info.

    Buffalo, Aug 24, 2005
  10. joevan

    trout Guest

    Buffalo wrote:

    > "trout" <> wrote in message
    >> joevan wrote:

    >>> You're welcome but I am curious as to the why. Care to let us know?

    >> He did:
    >> --
    >> Sort of.

    > So Trout,
    > Just exactly was you link supposed to tell anyone?

    "Supposed"? What exactly do you not understand?
    It was his post that he made for the purpose of telling the group that
    the previous answer had solved his problem of not being able to download
    Spywareblaster updates.
    He quotes a poster who said:

    "I had a problem where on installation of the new version, Norton Fire
    Wall
    blocked it. I had to go into the settings and allow it manually."

    Now, is there something that is unclear about this to you?
    --
    Or is this another of your lurching attempts at witty repartee?

    trout, Aug 24, 2005
  11. joevan

    Buffalo Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > Buffalo wrote:

    [snip]
    > >> He did:
    > >> --
    > >> Sort of.

    > > So Trout,
    > > Just exactly was you link supposed to tell anyone?

    > "Supposed"? What exactly do you not understand?
    > It was his post that he made for the purpose of telling the group that
    > the previous answer had solved his problem of not being able to download
    > Spywareblaster updates.
    > He quotes a poster who said:
    >
    > "I had a problem where on installation of the new version, Norton Fire
    > Wall
    > blocked it. I had to go into the settings and allow it manually."
    >
    > Now, is there something that is unclear about this to you?
    > --
    > Or is this another of your lurching attempts at witty repartee?

    Not at all, I just missed the answer on top and was looking at the bottom of the
    post.
    "Lurching attempts" :)

    Buffalo, Aug 24, 2005