    SpywareBlaster closes before it can open
    I have it in the exclude list for DEP but that does not make a difference.
    Anyone?

    Kue2, Feb 21, 2007

  2. I know and wish I had never checked the box! HOW DO I REMOVE DEP FROM EVEN
    STARTING?

    =?Utf-8?B?c3Bpbm9sb0Bob3RtYWlsLmNvbQ==?=, Apr 19, 2007

  3. So, THAT'S why my SpywareBlaster stopped working for me! And I have
    Vista 32, so the problem isn't exclusive to X64. Another mystery solved!
    Personally, I feel that it is better to go with the protection offered
    by the DEP. This is a problem that needs to be addressed by JavaCool. I
    believe that it has something to do with how SpywareBlaster is packed or
    something, but I'm not sure of the details . . . I'll try emailing them
    about the situation in case they are still unaware of it.

    Daze
    -------------

    Daze N. Knights, Apr 19, 2007
  4. I ended up taking the question to their forum and found that Javacool is
    aware of the issue. The only recommendation for using SpywareBlaster
    with DEP enabled at this time is to add SpywareBlaster to the list of
    applications excluded from DEP protection.

    Daze
    -----------

    Daze N. Knights wrote:
    > So, THAT'S why my SpywareBlaster stopped working for me! And I have
    > Vista 32, so the problem isn't exclusive to X64. Another mystery solved!
    > Personally, I feel that it is better to go with the protection offered
    > by the DEP. This is a problem that needs to be addressed by JavaCool. I
    > believe that it has something to do with how SpywareBlaster is packed or
    > something, but I'm not sure of the details . . . I'll try emailing them
    > about the situation in case they are still unaware of it.
    >
    > Daze
    > -------------
    >
    > wrote:
    >> I know and wish I had never checked the box! HOW DO I REMOVE DEP FROM
    >> EVEN STARTING?
    >>
    >> "Kue2" wrote:
    >>
    >>> I found that if you enable (DEP)Data Execution Prevention in Vista 64
    >>> SpywareBlaster closes before it can open
    >>> I have it in the exclude list for DEP but that does not make a
    >>> difference.
    >>> Anyone?

    Daze N. Knights, Apr 19, 2007