Spyware?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Stonebow Witham, Mar 2, 2008.

  1. Can anyone recommend a free anti-spyware to use with Vista 64bit?

    SpyBot and Adaware won't work!!!!!

    Stonebow Witham, Mar 2, 2008

  2. Stonebow Witham

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Stonebow Witham:
    Spybot Search & Destroy 1.5.2 and 1.4 work but they run as
    administrator, A-squared Free works and Defender works. Have a great day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64

    Dennis Pack, Mar 2, 2008

  3. Colin Barnhorst, Mar 2, 2008
  4. Stonebow Witham

    John Barnes Guest

    John Barnes, Mar 2, 2008
  5. Stonebow Witham

    TJD Guest

    How can you tell what version of Defender is currently installed? In the
    "About Box" it does not state "x64" (I am running Vista Ultimate x64 and
    have Defender installed)? Is there a way to check this?

    TJD, Mar 2, 2008
  6. Stonebow Witham

    John Barnes Guest

    Go into your program files and find the .exe and right click and choose
    details. MSASCui.exe

    John Barnes, Mar 2, 2008
  7. Stonebow Witham

    TJD Guest

    I still see nothing that indicates 64-bit. It only says file version:
    1.1.1505.0. Does that mean I am running a 32-bit version.

    TJD, Mar 3, 2008
  8. Stonebow Witham

    Jane C Guest

    Hi TJD,

    If it's in Program Files, then it's 64 bit. 32 bit programs are installed
    in Program Files (x86).

    "TJD" <> wrote in message
    >I still see nothing that indicates 64-bit. It only says file version:
    >1.1.1505.0. Does that mean I am running a 32-bit version.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    MVP - Windows Desktop Experience

    Jane C, Mar 3, 2008
  9. Stonebow Witham

    John Barnes Guest

    Also when it is running in Task Manager, if it is 32-bit it says so and
    64-bit shows blank

    John Barnes, Mar 3, 2008
  10. Stonebow Witham

    TJD Guest

    Thanks to you both. I did not realize the Task Manager listing convention.

    TJD, Mar 3, 2008