    and delete the call to that file. Does somebody know how to do it with
    Windows XP?
    Thanks in advance.

    Julio Guerra, Aug 11, 2004

  2. Julio Guerra

    Howie Guest

    What spyware program did you use? I use Ad-Aware
    (http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69274&subj=dlpage&tag=
    button - free download), and the removed spyware is quarantined until you
    know that it is not an essential file on your system. If it is important,
    you can easily restore it. If it's not needed you can delete it.

    Howie

    Howie, Aug 11, 2004

  3. Julio Guerra

    mark mandel Guest

    > Hi All:
    >
    > Recently I run a spyware program on my computer and I found a lot spy
    > programs that I deleted. Now when I start the computer it warns me that a
    > NewsDotNet.dll file is missing and I couldn't find it in the Recycle Bean.

    > don't need that file.
    > Before back in the DOS time, it was easy, you go to the autoexec.bat file
    > and delete the call to that file. Does somebody know how to do it with
    > Windows XP?
    > Thanks in advance.

    You may need to download and run HiJack This(the latest version 1.98)because
    this file(and others)are still in your system. Create a permanent folder to
    download it to instead of having it run from a temp folder.

    Once downloaded, then you could post the log here or at www.pcguide.com.

    mark mandel, Aug 11, 2004
  4. Julio Guerra

    Julio Guerra Guest

    The program I used was Spy sweeper and you are right: the program has a
    quarintine storage. When I restored the folder, I found out that there was
    an uninstallation program and that was the reason I had the problem. When
    the folder was deleted the program wasn't unistalled and kept calling the
    dll file. So I uninstalled it and everything is OK now.

    Thanks for your input.

    Julio Guerra, Aug 12, 2004
  5. Julio Guerra

    Julio Guerra Guest

    Hijack is quite similar to the one I have, but I had to use mine because it
    was done with that program. Please see response to Howie.

    Thanks for your input.

    Julio Guerra, Aug 12, 2004
  6. Julio Guerra

    Muhammad Guest

    On windows XP, goto start run, type msconfig. That will bring system
    configuration utility. Click on the startup tab at the top right hand side
    and uncheck that program. There you will see all the prorams running in
    your startup, just like autoexec.bat. you can uncheck them boxes

    Muhammad, Aug 12, 2004