spyware

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by wgshaw, Dec 6, 2003.

  1. wgshaw

    wgshaw Guest

    AcrolEHelper.AcrolEhlprobj

    wgshaw, Dec 6, 2003

  2. wgshaw

    Diehard Guest

    "wgshaw" <> wrote in message
    > AcrolEHelper.AcrolEhlprobj
    > >
    > > I put that spyware software on my computer and it is telling me that I
    > > have this file in my registry and it is very dangerous and wants to
    > > remove it. I don't know much about this stuff but I do know that you
    > > don't play with the registry lightly. do you have insight??
    > >
    > > location:
    > > HKEY_ClASSES_ROOT\AcrolEHelper.AcrolEHlprObj
    > > thanks!

    Yes it is dangerouse to mess with the registry, but that's one thing ad
    aware and spy bot do well. They don't harm it really. Just fix the spyware
    issue. It is safe in these cases. I've done it a lot, my brother in law did
    as well and our pc's are still ok, better now.

    Diehard, Dec 6, 2003

  3. wgshaw

    Thor Guest

    "Diehard" <> wrote in message

    > "wgshaw" <> wrote in message
    > > AcrolEHelper.AcrolEhlprobj
    > > >
    > > > I put that spyware software on my computer and it is telling me that I
    > > > have this file in my registry and it is very dangerous and wants to
    > > > remove it. I don't know much about this stuff but I do know that you
    > > > don't play with the registry lightly. do you have insight??
    > > >
    > > > location:
    > > > HKEY_ClASSES_ROOT\AcrolEHelper.AcrolEHlprObj
    > > > thanks!

    > Yes it is dangerouse to mess with the registry, but that's one thing ad
    > aware and spy bot do well. They don't harm it really. Just fix the spyware
    > issue. It is safe in these cases. I've done it a lot, my brother in law

    did
    > as well and our pc's are still ok, better now.

    It's still prudent to back up the registry prior to making changes with
    either of those programs, however.

    Thor, Dec 6, 2003