Spyware & Virus Help

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Johnny, Feb 26, 2006.

  1. Johnny

    Johnny Guest

    Spyware & Virus Help

    Here is my problem. I have a PC running windows XP home edition. It
    has adaware and McAfee installed. All have current updates and virus
    signatures.

    When I run the adaware McAfee finds the following files as virus.

    A0091051.exe.vir
    A0091052.exe.vir
    A0091053.exe.vir
    mm_reco.exe.vir
    randreco.exe0.vir
    randreco.exe.vir
    wupdsniff.exe.vir
    wupdsniff.0.vir

    in the folder C:\quarantine. It also say these files have been
    detected as new malware. I run the antivirus do remove them and they
    still appear.

    Any thoughts on how I can get rid of them?

    Johnny, Feb 26, 2006

  2. Johnny

    Alan Guest

    Johnny wrote:
    > Spyware & Virus Help
    >
    > Here is my problem. I have a PC running windows XP home edition. It
    > has adaware and McAfee installed. All have current updates and virus
    > signatures.
    >
    > When I run the adaware McAfee finds the following files as virus.
    >
    > A0091051.exe.vir
    > A0091052.exe.vir
    > A0091053.exe.vir
    > mm_reco.exe.vir
    > randreco.exe0.vir
    > randreco.exe.vir
    > wupdsniff.exe.vir
    > wupdsniff.0.vir
    >
    > in the folder C:\quarantine. It also say these files have been
    > detected as new malware. I run the antivirus do remove them and they
    > still appear.
    >
    > Any thoughts on how I can get rid of them?

    delete them from the directory. It appears that Mcafee is set to
    quarrantine infected files instead of delete. And thus here they are.
    Google the file names (minus the .VIR) to see what they are.

    Alan, Feb 26, 2006

  3. Johnny

    ellis_jay Guest

    http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/windowsxp/articles/589/1/Popular-files-and-processes

    --
    I don't know what's more pathetic, Jack Abramoff's sleaze or Republican
    paralysis in the face of it. Abramoff walks out of a D.C. courthouse in

    That's a great G.O.P. talking point: some Democrats are so sleazy, they
    get involved with the likes of us.

    _______David Brooks

    Ellis_Jay

    ellis_jay, Feb 27, 2006