    I am using spybot and ad-aware now, but would like to buy a full pro
    version.
    Thank you
    aretired, Oct 27, 2004

  2. aretired

    sethra Guest

    "aretired" <> wrote in news:kOKdncXso5QdWeLcRVn-
    :

    > Which spyware removers are considered among the best.
    > I am using spybot and ad-aware now, but would like to buy a full pro
    > version.

    Eric Howes recently tested several:

    http://spywarewarrior.com/asw-test-guide.htm

    Regards,
    --
    ~sethra
    sethra, Oct 27, 2004

  3. aretired

    °Mike° Guest

    What makes you think that a "full pro version" is going
    to be any better than the free utilities available now?

    On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:53:37 -0400, in
    <>
    aretired scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 27, 2004
  4. aretired

    aretired Guest

    I dont know, but usually the saying is you get what you paid
    for....
    Sometimes it is true. But, if everyone say that running spybot s &d,
    and ad-aware SE updated regularly is good enough, then i will stick
    to those two. and save money.

    Thanks for your comments.

    aretired, Oct 27, 2004
  5. aretired

    °Mike° Guest

    Getting what you paid for is a two-edged sword.
    You only have to look at Symantec products.

    SpyBot S&D, Ad-Aware, SpywareBlaster, HijackThis,
    CWShredder, and a few others are all that you need,
    and all are free. Most paid for removers just offer
    eye candy.

    On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:08:52 -0400, in
    <>
    aretired scrawled:

    >I dont know, but usually the saying is you get what you paid
    >for....
    >Sometimes it is true. But, if everyone say that running spybot s &d,
    >and ad-aware SE updated regularly is good enough, then i will stick
    >to those two. and save money.
    >
    >Thanks for your comments.
    >
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> What makes you think that a "full pro version" is going
    >> to be any better than the free utilities available now?

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 27, 2004
  6. aretired

    aretired Guest

    Thanks Mike,
    I will stick to spybot and ad-aware, if it is good for others, then
    it should be good for me also.
    Tks

    aretired, Oct 27, 2004
  7. aretired

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:55:40 -0400, in
    <>
    aretired scrawled:

    >Thanks Mike,
    >I will stick to spybot and ad-aware, if it is good for others, then
    >it should be good for me also.
    >Tks

    <snip>

    --