  1. Don Awalt

    Don Awalt Guest

    What spyware programs are people recommending for x64? Thanks!
    Don Awalt, Oct 14, 2005

  2. Wayne Wastier, Oct 14, 2005

  3. Hi
    The only spyware that I know of that is compatible with X64 is Lavasoft's
    Ad-Aware SE Personal/Pro etc. Spybot-Search & Destroy runs but it has not
    been optimised for x64 and I found it missed everything Ad-Aware found. Ad-
    Aware is free to download but it does not have real-time protection in it's
    free form, but there is six add-on tools that are also free.
    For antivirus, Avast Antivirus 4 is compatible with x64 and is free for home
    use including updates for 12 months.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Oct 14, 2005
  4. I use Microsoft AntiSpyware, its BETA, but its free and it works really
    great, only supports Administrator accounts in the b1 release and no
    multiple account scanning. Adaware is another one I would recommend. :
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en
    Ad-Aware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 14, 2005
  5. Don Awalt

    wes40oz Guest

    I agree.
    right now I have (on both installations of xp, 32 and 64) spy bot search and
    destroy, ms's anti spyware and adaware.

    also a good note,
    I have a copy of Norton antivirus 10 (works wonderfully on 64 and 32) no
    crashes what so ever not much on the cpu time either but I do have a duel
    core cpu. but it finds adware also seems as these are being detected as
    viruses (no complaints, not I have 4 programs doing dirty work for me) what
    it does after it finds it, similar to Microsoft's antispyware, it checks for
    additional integrations and what if any operation system files it may affect
    before removing it.

    heavily protected,

    wes

    wes40oz, Oct 14, 2005
  6. Plus Webroot SpySweeper : excellent and not that expensive, though. Works
    just fine under x64.

    Jean-Baptiste Faure, Oct 14, 2005
  7. On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:47:03 +0100, Don Awalt
    <> wrote:

    > What spyware programs are people recommending for x64? Thanks!

    ISTBar, that's quite clever, I always liked Gator..

    Do you mean Anti-Spyware?
    Mark Gillespie, Oct 14, 2005
  8. Don Awalt

    wes40oz Guest

    haha good ole gator...

    wes40oz, Oct 14, 2005
  9. Don Awalt

    John Barnes Guest

    Didn't Shakespeare say that a gator by any other name (Claria) is still a
    gator

    John Barnes, Oct 14, 2005
  10. Honestly, I think IST is much smarter than gator, the things you have to do
    to get that thing off your PC and variations of it that exist just makes a
    very clever piece of spyware.

    Andre Da Costa, Oct 14, 2005
  11. Don, another point I left out re: (ANTI SPYWARE just in case the funny man
    did not understand!)And other anti virus etc.

    (Normal applications are a different story, some work some do not.)

    Any way if it does not say "Supports x64" on the package so to speak, it may
    run but it will not do it's job properly. 'Windows compatibility tested
    products' lists McAfee Quick Clean as compatible. I spoke to McAfee and they
    said "none of there products are for Windows XP PRO x64 even if I did get
    them running, x64 is not supported." I spoke to several other software
    venders and got the same responce. SpyBot says it will run on x64 on it's web
    site, but like I said it took Ad-Aware to find a lot of things it had not
    stopped from getting into my machine.
    Wash & Go told me I would not have any problems, but rather than cleaning
    out my unwanted files, it cleaned out alot of wanted files that it saw as
    being safe to delete.

    Good Luck

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Oct 15, 2005