    Is Slayer better? Any recommendations?

    Thanks,

    Gerry
    gerry gardiner, Aug 31, 2005

  2. gerry gardiner

    Plato Guest

    gerry gardiner wrote:

    > I installed Spy Sweeper and after a deep check and cleaning I ran the free
    > check offered by Spyware Slayer It came up with more errors that I would
    > think should have been taken care of by Sweeper. This was no more than 10
    > minutes after Sweeper.
    > Is Slayer better? Any recommendations?

    Each spyware app catches different things. Quite normal. I use spybot
    and adaware.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Aug 31, 2005

  3. gerry gardiner

    bambam Guest

    "gerry gardiner" <> wrote in

    > I installed Spy Sweeper and after a deep check and cleaning I ran the
    > free check offered by Spyware Slayer It came up with more errors that
    > I would think should have been taken care of by Sweeper. This was no
    > more than 10 minutes after Sweeper.
    > Is Slayer better? Any recommendations?

    There are a lot of crap anti-spyware programs around these days.
    Spy Sweeper is a good program.
    Spyware Slayer is crap. :)

    http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#products
    bambam, Sep 1, 2005
  4. gerry gardiner

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "gerry gardiner" <> wrote in message
    >I installed Spy Sweeper and after a deep check and cleaning I ran the free
    > check offered by Spyware Slayer It came up with more errors that I would
    > think should have been taken care of by Sweeper. This was no more than 10
    > minutes after Sweeper.
    > Is Slayer better? Any recommendations?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Gerry

    Even Microsoft's own Anti-spyware program is very good. I've found that it,
    in conjunction with my AntiVir(anti-virus program)has picked up trojans,
    worms.
    Mark Mandell, Sep 1, 2005