    go away. Does anyone know what I can do to prevent this from loading but get
    rid of the annoying dialog box.

    Thanks
    John, Oct 5, 2007

  2. John

    Sebastian G. Guest

    John wrote:

    > I surf ebay a lot. They say they do not support spyware. From my research it
    > seems this tribalfusion spyware is big and it it planted in banner ads on
    > ebays web pages.

    Banners ads can't possibly contain any spyware in executable fashion.

    > I am continually getting a security warning dialog box that
    > says: The current web page is trying to open a site on the internet. Do you
    > want to allow this? Then it lists 2 urls: http://atribalfusion.com and
    > res://ieframe.dll.

    This sounds like you're abusing MSIE as a webbrowser. Why are you then even
    discussing security issue? They're inherent!

    > I am constantly having to click No to make the dialog box
    > go away. Does anyone know what I can do to prevent this from loading but get
    > rid of the annoying dialog box.

    Flatten and rebuild your user profile? If not the entire machine? You should
    reasonably assume it as compromised.
    Sebastian G., Oct 5, 2007

  3. John

    Todd H. Guest

    "Sebastian G." <> writes:

    > John wrote:
    >
    > > I surf ebay a lot. They say they do not support spyware. From my
    > > research it seems this tribalfusion spyware is big and it it planted
    > > in banner ads on ebays web pages.

    > Banners ads can't possibly contain any spyware in executable
    > fashion.

    Really? So what magical pendantic definition of "spyware" and
    "executable fashion" do you ahve on your mind to back that up.
    There is no shortage of reports to the contrary:

    http://blog.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2006/07/myspace_ad_served_adware_to_mo.html
    http://www.malwarehelp.org/news/article-6210.html
    http://weblog.infoworld.com/securityadviser/archives/2007/02/malwareunwanted.html
    http://apcmag.com/5382/microsoft_apologises_for_serving_malware_to_customers
    http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2004/11/22/the_register_among_sites_serving_banner_malware.html

    http://www.google.com/search?q=banner malware

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/
    Todd H., Oct 5, 2007
  4. John

    ArtDent Guest

    On 5-Oct-2007, "John" <> wrote:

    > Does anyone know what I can do to prevent this from loading but get
    > rid of the annoying dialog box.

    Download and use Firefox from mozilla.com for starters.
    If you simply _must_ use ie, learn how to 'tweak' it so that it is at
    least a bit less vulnerable.

    --
    I am not a complete idiot.
    Parts are missing.
    ArtDent, Oct 6, 2007
  5. John

    Sebastian G. Guest

    Todd H. wrote:

    > "Sebastian G." <> writes:
    >
    >> John wrote:
    >>
    >>> I surf ebay a lot. They say they do not support spyware. From my
    >>> research it seems this tribalfusion spyware is big and it it planted
    >>> in banner ads on ebays web pages.

    >> Banners ads can't possibly contain any spyware in executable
    >> fashion.

    > Really? So what magical pendantic definition of "spyware" and
    > "executable fashion" do you ahve on your mind to back that up.
    > There is no shortage of reports to the contrary:
    >
    > http://blog.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2006/07/myspace_ad_served_adware_to_mo.html
    > http://www.malwarehelp.org/news/article-6210.html
    > http://weblog.infoworld.com/securityadviser/archives/2007/02/malwareunwanted.html
    > http://apcmag.com/5382/microsoft_apologises_for_serving_malware_to_customers
    > http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2004/11/22/the_register_among_sites_serving_banner_malware.html
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=banner malware

    Actually this quite supports my statement: You can embed executable binary
    or script code, but it won't get actually execute unless you explicitly
    demand it - like, for example, by abusing MSIE as a webbrowser. On a real
    webbrowser, such attempts are inherently futile.
    Sebastian G., Oct 6, 2007