    combination with each other? I'm presently using Spybot Search and Destroy
    (in XPpro), and it seems fine, but what else might be lurking.....?
    TIA
    Jon, Nov 1, 2003

  2. Jon

    °Mike° Guest

    The best thing about SpyBot S&D, and other good
    anti-spyware software, is that is does not need to
    run in the background, and therefore works well
    with most other software.

    All of these run well together:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 19:15:38 +0100, in
    <3fa3f84d$0$13877$>
    Jon scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 1, 2003

  3. Jon

    Jon Guest

    Of course.......
    That leaves the question - if you ran every spyware detector available, one
    after the other, while offline; would you be free of spyware.....?!
    Thanks Mike.

    Jon, Nov 1, 2003
  4. Jon

    Ionizer Guest

    "Jon" <> wrote in message
    > Of course.......
    > That leaves the question - if you ran every spyware detector available,

    one
    > after the other, while offline; would you be free of spyware.....?!
    > Thanks Mike.

    The answer would have to be "probably." Do you have something going on with
    your computer that leads you to suspect you've got some elusive spyware
    installed?

    Ian.
    Ionizer, Nov 1, 2003
  5. Jon

    °Mike° Guest

    Possibly, possibly not. New spyware (or variations) are
    released all the time. That's why such programs have
    updates. Who is to say that you don't have a piece of
    malware that doesn't have a detection for it yet?
    The same goes for viruses, worms and trojans.

    The programs I listed are all that you are likely to need.

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 20:21:23 +0100, in
    <3fa407c5$0$56498$>
    Jon scrawled:

    °Mike°, Nov 1, 2003
  6. Jon

    Jon Guest

    No, not really, but I do want at least a second protector, given that I do a
    fair bit of downloading...

    Jon, Nov 1, 2003
  7. Jon

    Roy Guest

    Have a look at Spy Sweeper from Webroot. I find that it finds more spyware
    than any other spyware app Ive tried

    Roy, Nov 2, 2003