    anyone know if it is better than Ad-Aware or does Spy Sweeper remove
    CoolWWWsearch?

    Thanks in advance
    Keith, Jul 3, 2005

  2. Keith

    PMD Guest

    Keith wrote:

    > I am currently using Ad-Aware, but I gotten the CoolWWWsearch twice now and
    > Ad-Aware does not remove it. I was thinking about buying Spy Sweeper. Does
    > anyone know if it is better than Ad-Aware or does Spy Sweeper remove
    > CoolWWWsearch?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    You need CWShredder.

    --

    ~PMD~
    *****
    PMD, Jul 4, 2005

  3. Keith

    Nocturnal Guest

    Besides just CWS go ahead and use Spybot Search and Destroy as well as
    Microsoft's Anti-Spyware program which is in beta right now. When using
    said programs boot into safe mode and run the scans. This should get rid of
    it. If all else fails, download Hijack This and do a scan and post your log
    at http://www.spywaretalk.org.

    Nocturnal, Jul 4, 2005
  4. Keith

    birdman Guest

    You have to use every antispyware program you can if you have a difficult to
    remove piece of malware. They tend to look for slightly different signatures
    from these programs. Even then you may need to search the web for tips on
    manually removing hidden files and registry entries.
    And if all else fails: reformat the hard drive and reinstall. I spent much
    of the weekend doing that to a one year old Dell notebook injudiciously used
    by a college student.
    birdman, Jul 5, 2005
  5. Keith

    Fakename Guest

    There are many variants of that one. We got an infection of that
    variety on a pc at work and after a day and a half of trying to find a
    tool that would actually remove it I decided it would be faster to
    rebuild it than to keep looking.

    Good luck with that.

    Fakename, Jul 5, 2005
  6. Keith

    Guest

    The most effective program today is Microsoft's Anti-Spyware program in
    Beta. It is constantly improving. Since I put this on my PC, I have
    not had one instance of spyware.
    Of course, it's important to be wary of where you click, too. If it
    sounds too good to be true, it's probably adware/spyware.
    , Jul 19, 2005
  7. "Keith" <> wrote in message
    > I am currently using Ad-Aware, but I gotten the CoolWWWsearch twice now

    and
    > Ad-Aware does not remove it. I was thinking about buying Spy Sweeper. Does
    > anyone know if it is better than Ad-Aware or does Spy Sweeper remove
    > CoolWWWsearch?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Yes, I know.
    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger, Jul 20, 2005
  8. Keith

    k35454 Guest

    "Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger" <> wrote in message

    "Keith" <> wrote in message
    > I am currently using Ad-Aware, but I gotten the CoolWWWsearch twice now

    and
    > Ad-Aware does not remove it. I was thinking about buying Spy Sweeper. Does
    > anyone know if it is better than Ad-Aware or does Spy Sweeper remove
    > CoolWWWsearch?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Yes, I know.

    Get CWS remover free from Trendmicro (Products> House Call)
    k35454, Jul 20, 2005
  9. Keith

    Kinoby Guest

    Don't hurry with choosing a substitution; there are many other spyware
    removers. Some of them are really good. I would recommend you Acronis
    anti spyware
    (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/privacyexpert/) ,
    because it gives reliable protection from spywear, fast updates and
    isn't expensive.
    Kinoby, Jul 21, 2005