    I found this item checked: c:\windows\temp\eacdownload\raven_def -k. I
    haven't found much on the web anywhere about this but have seen a
    reference to spyware. Does anybody know what this is?
    Dave Skipper, Mar 5, 2004

  2. Dave Skipper

    Thor Guest

    It's part of EAnthology software and it it comes with spyware. Uninstall the
    EAnthology stuff, and it should go away, but also scan your system with
    Spybot ot Adaware.

    Thor, Mar 5, 2004

  3. Dave Skipper

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Dave Skipper <> wrote in news:VsOdnQ3FyOI-UNXdRVn-
    :

    > I don't think it's a big deal and
    > is normal

    It's a flaw in how Mozilla handles newsgroups. Since you appear to be
    using a Mozilla build from June 2003 (20030624, to be exact), you may want
    to remove Mozilla and install Mozilla FireFox (a dedicated web browser,
    built off of Mozilla) and Mozilla Thunderbird (which is a dedicated
    mail/news client based off of Mozilla). Both are far better than the
    Mozilla application suite is.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, Mar 5, 2004
  4. Dave Skipper

    Trent© Guest

    On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 13:53:08 -0500, Dave Skipper
    <> wrote:

    >My ISP changed my news server to Giganews. Since then, I've been
    >prompted to enter my user ID then password. I do it once, then I'm
    >prompted again, as if it didn't work the first time. When I visit
    >groups I've been at, I'm not prompted but new groups I've visited since
    >the inception of Giganews prompt me. I don't think it's a big deal and
    >is normal but I'm bothered by what I found in start/run/msconfig/startup.

    What news reader are you usin'?

    >I found this item checked: c:\windows\temp\eacdownload\raven_def -k. I
    >haven't found much on the web anywhere about this but have seen a
    >reference to spyware. Does anybody know what this is?

    Spyware. Download and install Ad-Aware.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Mar 6, 2004
  5. Dave Skipper

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Trent© <> wrote in

    > What news reader are you usin'?

    He has this in his headers:

    Is that a hint?

    DeMoN LaG, Mar 6, 2004
  6. Dave Skipper

    Dave Skipper Guest

    DeMoN LaG wrote:

    >Dave Skipper <> wrote in news:VsOdnQ3FyOI-UNXdRVn-
    >:
    >

    >> I don't think it's a big deal and
    >>is normal
    >>

    >It's a flaw in how Mozilla handles newsgroups. Since you appear to be
    >using a Mozilla build from June 2003 (20030624, to be exact), you may want
    >to remove Mozilla and install Mozilla FireFox (a dedicated web browser,
    >built off of Mozilla) and Mozilla Thunderbird (which is a dedicated
    >mail/news client based off of Mozilla). Both are far better than the
    >Mozilla application suite is.

    Thanks for the advice.
    Dave Skipper, Mar 6, 2004
  7. Dave Skipper

    Trent© Guest

    On 06 Mar 2004 05:29:11 GMT, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:

    >Trent© <> wrote in
    >
    >> What news reader are you usin'?
    >>

    >He has this in his headers:
    >
    >Is that a hint?

    Hint? Sure.

    But then I'd hafta ask...

    Are you now posting from the machine that yer talkin' about?

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Mar 7, 2004