    I can do to check it out. Is there any spyware out there that doesn't
    create more problems.
    Thanks

    Norvin Gordon, Dec 1, 2003

  2. Norvin Gordon

    Thor Guest

    "Norvin Gordon" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I think I may have some spyware on my system and would like to know what
    > I can do to check it out. Is there any spyware out there that doesn't
    > create more problems.
    > Thanks

    get "Spybot search and destroy".

    Thor, Dec 1, 2003

  3. Norvin Gordon

    jtw Guest

    On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 04:34:34 GMT, Norvin Gordon
    <> wrote:

    >I think I may have some spyware on my system and would like to know what
    >I can do to check it out. Is there any spyware out there that doesn't
    >create more problems.
    >Thanks

    I've been using ad-aware v6.0 and spybot without any problems for a
    while now.

    jtw

    --
    UsenetRocket.com - Know the Difference
    http://www.UsenetRocket.com

    jtw, Dec 1, 2003
  4. Norvin Gordon

    Peace2Peace Guest

    Hi Norvin Gordon

    One way to avoid current spam is to change to using a new email
    address and do not give it out to on-line sites you visit or to any
    individual or organizations you don't know or trust.

    You may want to try a third party anti-spam software called MailWasher.
    You can find a link to it at http://thor.idx.com.au.

    In Outlook Express you can also set up Filter Rules to auto delete mail
    from server based on certain details like keywords, sender's email
    addresses, etc. You find this in Tools/Message Rules/Mails in your
    Outlook Express.

    Also here are some good programs to help you to get rid of spyware and pop-ups
    to make sure your computer is spyware free:

    Ad-Aware
    Spy Sweeper
    Spybot Search and Destroy
    Don't Panic
    Popup Stopper , etc..

    You can find all these plus more at zdnet.com.

    Remember, always have a good up to date antivirus program running on your computer
    never open any email attachment you don't trust and delete suspicious email always.

    Regards..
    Jonathan

    Peace2Peace, Dec 2, 2003
  5. Norvin Gordon

    Night_Seer Guest

    Peace2Peace wrote:
    > Hi Norvin Gordon
    >
    > One way to avoid current spam is to change to using a new email
    > address and do not give it out to on-line sites you visit or to any
    > individual or organizations you don't know or trust.
    >
    > You may want to try a third party anti-spam software called
    > MailWasher.
    > You can find a link to it at http://thor.idx.com.au.
    >
    > In Outlook Express you can also set up Filter Rules to auto delete
    > mail
    > from server based on certain details like keywords, sender's email
    > addresses, etc. You find this in Tools/Message Rules/Mails in your
    > Outlook Express.
    >
    > Also here are some good programs to help you to get rid of spyware
    > and pop-ups
    > to make sure your computer is spyware free:
    >
    > Ad-Aware
    > Spy Sweeper
    > Spybot Search and Destroy
    > Don't Panic
    > Popup Stopper , etc..
    >
    > You can find all these plus more at zdnet.com.
    >
    > Remember, always have a good up to date antivirus program running on
    > your computer never open any email attachment you don't trust and
    > delete suspicious email always.
    >
    > Regards..
    > Jonathan

    I love mailwasher. My girlfriend decided to input my email address
    in to some sort of scam spam thing, and before I got zero spam, now I
    get em by the boatload. Even getting a new address, you have no control
    over what your friends do with them, get a good spam blocker and be done
    with it. And don't forget to use mailinator when filling out suspicious
    forms...check out www.mailinator.com.

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Dec 2, 2003