    will hurt as there is no dial up to make on my connection but just in case
    I would like to get rid of it anyway.

    Thanks.

    J C, Oct 30, 2004

  2. J C

    samuel Guest

    "J C" <> wrote in
    news:w5Lgd.4254$:

    > Hello group,
    >
    > I have Xsoftspy and every time I do a scan on my system it keeps
    > finding the same spyware called "Main-Pean Dialer, reg key -
    > Malware" and says it is a high threat. I delete it from my system
    > via Xsoft spy but it keeps comming back. Does anyone know how to
    > delete it completely from my system please? I have tried searching
    > the registry via the find feature but it doesn't find it. I am
    > running Windows 98 se. I also have Broadband so I dont think it
    > will hurt as there is no dial up to make on my connection but just
    > in case I would like to get rid of it anyway.
    >
    > Thanks.

    spyware information:

    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    alt.comp.anti-virus
    alt.privacy.spyware

    download
    Ad-Aware
    Spybot Search and Destroy
    Spyware Blaster

    Safe Hex
    http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

    search engines
    http://search.langenberg.com
    http://www.allsearchengines.com
    http://www.alltheweb.com
    http://www.altavista.com
    http://www.askjeeves.com
    http://www.gigablast.com
    http://www.google.com
    http://www.hotbot.com
    http://www.teoma.com
    http://www.yahoo.com

    samuel, Oct 30, 2004

  3. J C

    °Mike° Guest

    XoftSpy is scumware and baitware.

    "aggressive, deceptive advertising (1, 2, 3); questionable license
    terms; false positives work as goad to purchase (1, 2, 3, 4);
    same app as SpyBurn; Ad-aware knockoff - (Note: other domains
    associated with XoftSpy -- most of which were formerly associated
    with SpyHunter -- include: adware-destroyer.com, adware-elimination.com,
    adwarekillers.com, adwares.net, anti-adware.net, antispywares.com,
    deletespyware.net, online-spybot-scan.com, online-spyware-scan.com,
    removespyware.net, softspy.net, softwho.com, spyware-detection.net,
    spywarerem.com, spywareremoval.net)"

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 11:41:16 GMT, in
    <w5Lgd.4254$>
    J C scrawled: