    Ad-aware.

    Are they better than PP then, or I am fine to stay with PP?

    Thanks.
    Simon, Jul 8, 2004

  2. Simon

    Unk Guest

    On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 22:17:34 +0100, "Simon" <> wrote:

    >I have PestPatrol and it seems to work well. But whenever I read about
    >spyware detectors, articles always recommend Spybot Search & Destroy or
    >Ad-aware.
    >
    >Are they better than PP then, or I am fine to stay with PP?
    >
    >Thanks.

    Use them all plus these:

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (Removes browser hijacker known as CoolWebSearch)

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
    http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip
    Unk, Jul 8, 2004

  3. Simon

    °Mike° Guest

    As Unk said, BUT be careful of Pest Patrol; it is
    VERY handy at classing almost everything as
    malware of one sort or another. PP should only
    be used by clued-up people, IMO.

    On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 22:17:34 +0100, in
    <cckdn2$48g$>
    Simon scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 8, 2004
  4. Simon

    Jerry G. Guest

    I found that some would find things others would not, and visa-versa. The
    ability for these to work depends on their latest updates from the authors.
    I sometimes use Ad-Aware, and CWshredder to check my system. Before I use
    them, I make them check for updates.

    --

    Jerry G. GLG Technologies GLG

    Jerry G., Jul 8, 2004