Spyware - blue screen of death problem

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by spyware.blockers@gmail.com, Jun 6, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Hello there ,

    I have a a slight problem in that my Laptop is not even loading and
    going straight to the blue screen of death .

    Here's the details :

    Message from windows saying I'd been infected with spyware.

    Ran adaware - it found a trojan of some kind butwas unable to delete
    the file.

    Would not let me connect to the internet to update adaware files or
    windows

    Restarted and it blue screened with the following message.

    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

    ***STOP: 0X0000008E(0XC0000005,0X00000000,0XF818CC9C,0X00000000)
    Also tried starting in safe mode but same happened

    Also tried 'last known working configuration' it lasted a few seconds
    then crashed.

    Thanks in anticiaption for you time and help.

    Julia18

    Thank you.

    all about spyware site :
    http://syubrawi.com/spyware-blockers
    http://fantastic-galleries.net/spyware
    , Jun 6, 2008

  2. jc Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello there ,
    >
    > I have a a slight problem in that my Laptop is not even loading and
    > going straight to the blue screen of death .
    >
    > Here's the details :
    >
    > Message from windows saying I'd been infected with spyware.

    Windows does not have a built-in spyware detector. Did this message also
    direct you to download software to clean your system and did you follow up?

    > Ran adaware - it found a trojan of some kind butwas unable to delete
    > the file.

    Scan your system in safe mode first. It can be virtually impossible to
    remove or quarantine processes while they are running.

    > Would not let me connect to the internet to update adaware files or
    > windows
    >
    > Restarted and it blue screened with the following message.
    >
    > PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    >
    > ***STOP: 0X0000008E(0XC0000005,0X00000000,0XF818CC9C,0X00000000)
    > Also tried starting in safe mode but same happened
    >
    > Also tried 'last known working configuration' it lasted a few seconds
    > then crashed.

    You can try a recovery or repair install from the Windows CD. Check the
    MS Knowledge base for info on this. However, your best bet is probably
    to erase everything and do a new install. I assume you religiously back
    up your important files ;)

    jc
    jc, Jun 7, 2008

  3. Bob Drake Guest

    When all else fails, download a copy of HiJackThis - it is a tool that can
    stop running viruses - BUT YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING unless
    you are ready to reload the system as someone has suggested then if you
    lunch it it won't matter.

    It is too late, but when it is all fixed, get a copy of Norton Ghost and
    back up the C Drive. Put in a second drive in for data and back it up
    separately to keep C: relatively small

    Bob Drake, Jun 11, 2008
  4. From: "Bob Drake" <>

    | When all else fails, download a copy of HiJackThis - it is a tool that can
    | stop running viruses - BUT YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING unless
    | you are ready to reload the system as someone has suggested then if you
    | lunch it it won't matter.
    |
    | It is too late, but when it is all fixed, get a copy of Norton Ghost and
    | back up the C Drive. Put in a second drive in for data and back it up
    | separately to keep C: relatively small

    HJT does NOT "stop running viruses".
    It is a diagnostic tool that takes a snaphot of startup and running processes.
    HJT needs OS experience and interpretation before the user can manually take action.

    --
    Dave
    David H. Lipman, Jun 11, 2008
  5. Jim Watt Guest

    On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 13:24:09 -0700, jc <> wrote:

    >You can try a recovery or repair install from the Windows CD

    It rather depends on what version of windows you
    are running.

    reloading from Windows 2000 is not the best idea as
    there are now 300Mb of updates to pull off the net
    and an original disk may cause more harm than good.

    So the first question is what verison of windows?
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Jun 11, 2008
  6. jc Guest

    Jim Watt wrote:

    >> You can try a recovery or repair install from the Windows CD

    > It rather depends on what version of windows you
    > are running.
    >
    > reloading from Windows 2000 is not the best idea as
    > there are now 300Mb of updates to pull off the net
    > and an original disk may cause more harm than good.

    At this point the OP can't even boot into safe mode. I suspect that what
    she has found is just the surface. As I mentioned previously she would
    be best to clean and rebuild.

    jc
    jc, Jun 14, 2008