    In my Window Task Manager menu, Processes Tab, I see "svchost' 12 separate
    times, eating up my memory. How can I get rid of this spyware/adware?

    Douglas

    Douglas, Jun 25, 2005

  2. Douglas

    Sly Guest

    try lavasoft's adaware

    Sly, Jun 25, 2005

  3. Douglas wrote:
    > In my Window Task Manager menu, Processes Tab, I see "svchost' 12 separate
    > times, eating up my memory. How can I get rid of this spyware/adware?
    >
    > Douglas

    Go here and follow all instructions
    Post back results
    -max

    What's in a Name?, Jun 25, 2005
  4. Douglas

    jils Guest

    multiple instances of svchost are quite normal in windows.
    why do you think it's spyware?

    jils, Jun 25, 2005
  5. Douglas

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 04:09:43 GMT, Douglas wrote:

    >In my Window Task Manager menu, Processes Tab, I see "svchost' 12 separate
    >times, eating up my memory. How can I get rid of this spyware/adware?

    You do mean svchost, it's used by many apps and it's not uncommon to see
    several of them running at once.

    http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/svchost/
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314056

    If instead you mean scvhost , that's another issue.

    About scvhost, only 1 of many.
    http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/scvhost/

    Me

    why?, Jun 25, 2005
  6. In news:bO4ve.1810$, Douglas
    <> first attempted to communicate with pen, but
    the writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it
    away, and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded,
    so placed fingers to keyboard for this:

    > In my Window Task Manager menu, Processes Tab, I see "svchost' 12
    > separate times, eating up my memory. How can I get rid of this
    > spyware/adware?
    > Douglas

    SVChost? That's not spyware, it's actually used by namy programs. I have 7
    or 8 of them running right now.

    --
    Kyle :eek:)

    $1-million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
    reply. Money gets faster attention :)

    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Jun 25, 2005