SPYWARE ADAWARE FAKE READ THIS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Eric R. Clark, Feb 7, 2004.

  1. there is a website that has registered their www.com name to www.adaware.com
    wich then redirects you to www.ada-ware.com this website is a fake and all
    the programs that you can download install more bundled software on your
    computer and the programs that are supposed to remove spyware and adware
    from your computer really put more in it.

    the try adaware site where you can download all updates, and patches, and
    plugins for adaware 6.0 and earlier versions of adaware is www.lavasoft.nu

    You do not want to use the software that www.adaware.com tells you to
    download.

    What is adaware. adaware is a program that removes, any spyware from your
    computer, such as Gator, tracking cookies, popup windows, and other
    programs that track your browsing, reveal your email address and address
    book to advertisers and such.

    Why remove spyware?

    Running processes on your computer will use up memory, CPU resources and
    also tax your computer very hard if you have alot of them in your computer.

    How did I get the Spyware in my computer to begin with.

    Many programs, and software that is labeled as FREE is not. it is really
    free for you to download and install but the company that makes it gets paid
    for banners, popups and anything that you may buy by clicking on the Banners
    that popup or that are displayed on the program.

    Imesh, Kazaa, Morpheus, Direct Connect, AudioGalaxy, and many other software
    corporations are notorious for installing bundled software such as new.net
    registrations, My Search Bar, My Speed Bar Gator, Gain, and other
    information harvesting. Cookies, and temporary internet files are another
    thing that you may want to delete off of your computer on a regular basis.

    Get adaware 6.0 today, and be free of the popups and advertisement.s

    Looking for a good way to downoad music without the banners and popups???
    www.winmx.com the best, low memory, and much shared peer to peer network
    out there that contains no spyware whatsoever.

    Comments Questions and Suggestions should be directed to
    Eric R. Clark, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Eric R. Clark

    ñKs Guest

    "Comments Questions and Suggestions should be directed to
    "

    I would suggest that you stop your spamming crap....

    ñKs, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Eric R. Clark

    Ionizer Guest

    > there is a website that has registered their www.com name to

    www.adaware.com
    > wich then redirects you to www.ada-ware.com this website is a fake and

    all
    > the programs that you can download install more bundled software on your
    > computer and the programs that are supposed to remove spyware and adware
    > from your computer really put more in it.

    You're right. I don't know what the software is that is being offered
    there, but I wouldn't go anywhere near installing it.

    --
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Feb 8, 2004
  4. Ionizer wrote:
    > "Eric R. Clark" <> wrote in message
    >> there is a website that has registered their www.com name to

    > www.adaware.com
    >> wich then redirects you to www.ada-ware.com this website is a fake
    >> and

    > all
    >> the programs that you can download install more bundled software on
    >> your computer and the programs that are supposed to remove spyware
    >> and adware from your computer really put more in it.

    > You're right. I don't know what the software is that is being offered
    > there, but I wouldn't go anywhere near installing it.

    It's rather confusing. Probably intentionally confusing.

    "For nearly a decade this site has been dedicated to Ada Software. Ada
    is not software to stop spys and adware, but rather Ada is a software
    language developed in the eighties and named for the great
    mathematician, Ada Lovelace. "

    "For companies throughout the world, Ada is the programming language of
    choice for all the right reasons. These companies know that Ada is their
    most effective language for building fast, reliable, and adaptable
    systems, on time." Source: Ada Resource Association."

    The link for the download points to

    http://www.inboxcop.com/pcprotection_installer.exe

    I can't find anything about that at inboxcop.com.

    Their anti-spam product looks like a front end for Spam Assassin, if I
    read the features list. Doesn't that have it's own UI?

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    Stolen SCO Code: http://snipurl.com/stolen
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 8, 2004
  5. Eric R. Clark

    Mara Guest

    On 8 Feb 2004 09:41:22 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    <snip>
    >The link for the download points to
    >
    >http://www.inboxcop.com/pcprotection_installer.exe
    >
    >I can't find anything about that at inboxcop.com.

    This is what it tries to install:

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.spywarenuker.html

    or http://snipurl.com/4d3d

    http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=compatibility&detail=spywarenuker

    or http://snipurl.com/4d3e

    So, they're thieves as well.

    "No big surprise."

    >Their anti-spam product looks like a front end for Spam Assassin, if I
    >read the features list. Doesn't that have it's own UI?

    --
    "... by God I *KNOW* what this network is for, and you can't have it."
    -- Russ Allbery, 3/31/98
    Mara, Feb 8, 2004
  6. Mara wrote:

    > On 8 Feb 2004 09:41:22 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    ><snip>

    >>The link for the download points to

    >>http://www.inboxcop.com/pcprotection_installer.exe

    >>I can't find anything about that at inboxcop.com.

    > This is what it tries to install:

    > http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.spywarenuker.html

    The inboxcop thing installs that? Well, hasn't *this* become a nice
    little daisy chain?

    > or http://snipurl.com/4d3d

    > http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=compatibility&detail=spywarenuker

    > or http://snipurl.com/4d3e

    > So, they're thieves as well.

    Sometimes I wish I were human, so I could tell what y'all mean when you
    say that something smells "fishy".

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 8, 2004
  7. Eric R. Clark

    Ionizer Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    > The inboxcop thing installs that? Well, hasn't *this* become a nice
    > little daisy chain?

    Or a "kettle of fish" even. (No offence.)

    > Sometimes I wish I were human, so I could tell what y'all mean when you
    > say that something smells "fishy".

    Instead of wondering about humans, wonder about your own kind:
    http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/Sharks/puzzle/puzzles.html

    Ichthyologically Yours,
    Ian.
    (Now Playing: Fish Heads - Barnes & Barnes)
    Ionizer, Feb 8, 2004
  8. Eric R. Clark

    Mara Guest

    On 8 Feb 2004 21:04:38 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >Mara wrote:
    >
    >> On 8 Feb 2004 09:41:22 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >><snip>

    >>>The link for the download points to

    >>>http://www.inboxcop.com/pcprotection_installer.exe

    >>>I can't find anything about that at inboxcop.com.

    >> This is what it tries to install:

    >> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.spywarenuker.html

    >The inboxcop thing installs that? Well, hasn't *this* become a nice
    >little daisy chain?

    It tries to. Clicking on the original .exe brings up the SpywareNuker
    executable, which never got a chance to run on here, thank goodness. I can post
    a screenshot somewhere if you'd like to see it.

    >> or http://snipurl.com/4d3d

    >> http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=compatibility&detail=spywarenuker

    >> or http://snipurl.com/4d3e

    >> So, they're thieves as well.

    >Sometimes I wish I were human, so I could tell what y'all mean when you
    >say that something smells "fishy".

    I'll just say this whole thing stinks.

    "That should cover it."

    Mara, Feb 8, 2004
  9. Ionizer wrote:
    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >> The inboxcop thing installs that? Well, hasn't *this* become a nice
    >> little daisy chain?

    > Or a "kettle of fish" even. (No offence.)

    >> Sometimes I wish I were human, so I could tell what y'all mean when you
    >> say that something smells "fishy".

    > Instead of wondering about humans, wonder about your own kind:
    > http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/Sharks/puzzle/puzzles.html

    Those were easy. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 9, 2004
  10. Mara wrote:

    > On 8 Feb 2004 21:04:38 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>Mara wrote:

    >>> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.spywarenuker.html

    >>The inboxcop thing installs that? Well, hasn't *this* become a nice
    >>little daisy chain?

    > It tries to. Clicking on the original .exe brings up the SpywareNuker
    > executable, which never got a chance to run on here, thank goodness. I can post
    > a screenshot somewhere if you'd like to see it.

    No need. My first Q was just an expression of surprise. :)

    Thanks for the legwork on this one, Mara.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 9, 2004
  11. Eric R. Clark

    Mara Guest

    On 9 Feb 2004 00:31:20 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >Mara wrote:

    >>>The inboxcop thing installs that? Well, hasn't *this* become a nice
    >>>little daisy chain?

    >> It tries to. Clicking on the original .exe brings up the SpywareNuker
    >> executable, which never got a chance to run on here, thank goodness. I can post
    >> a screenshot somewhere if you'd like to see it.

    >No need. My first Q was just an expression of surprise. :)
    >
    >Thanks for the legwork on this one, Mara.

    You're welcome. I was curious myself anyway, and it didn't take much to find
    out, and there was no danger involved. :)

    Mara, Feb 9, 2004
  12. Well, As I was Saying, I was right by posting that. As far as the person
    that says STOP YOUR SPAMMING CRAP!!!>

    If you really think that I was out to spam anyone on here, You are
    Mistaken!!!

    Eric R. Clark, Feb 9, 2004