    product that way, or that a major retailer would continue to carry it. I've
    sent an inquiry to webroot but haven't heard anything back yet. Anyone know
    anything about this?
    Dennis Edward, Sep 7, 2005

  2. From: "Dennis Edward" <>

    | I've got dvdxplatinum by x software installed on my pc. I've also got the
    | latest version of spysweeper. spysweeper fingers dvdxplatinum as being a
    | monitoring/logging program, and even mentions the author as being x
    | software. The thing is, I bought the software at London Drugs -- it's a
    | retail boxed product. Seems unlikely somehow that they'd sell an infected
    | product that way, or that a major retailer would continue to carry it. I've
    | sent an inquiry to webroot but haven't heard anything back yet. Anyone know
    | anything about this?

    Is it flagging the entire application and all files or is it flagging just and EXE file from
    the application ?

    If it is flagging an EXE (DLL or other singular file(s)) please submit a sample to Virus
    Total --
    http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html
    The submission will then be tested against 18 different AV vendor's scanners.
    That will give you an idea what it is and who recognizes it. In addition, unless told
    otherwise, Virus Total will provide the sample to all participating vendors.

    When you get the report, please post back the exact results.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
    David H. Lipman, Sep 7, 2005