    Running XP with Norton AV and firewall

    Many thanks
    Dave
    Dave, May 30, 2007

  2. Dave

    John Holmes Guest

    Dave "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Hi,
    > My kids have been playing and I now find I have a bloody annoying
    > flashing alert in my taskbar from spylock that tells me I have
    > potential problems with infections etc.
    > I know this to be untrue as I have done a Norton scan and have run
    > Spybot which found the offending "false alert" which I deleted but
    > it's still there!!
    > Can one of you kind souls help me out here?
    > I'm not a geek but can follow advice ok
    > Running XP with Norton AV and firewall
    >
    > Many thanks
    > Dave

    Results 1 - 10 of about 31,900 for remove spylock. (0.13 seconds). Do
    your homework and read what's written about it, you lazy bastard.

    --
    Your mother was a sullen savage who talked so much she was kept under the
    influence of alcohol.
    John Holmes, May 30, 2007

  3. Dave

    Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >My kids have been playing and I now find I have a bloody annoying flashing
    >alert in my taskbar from spylock that tells me I have potential problems
    >with infections etc.
    >I know this to be untrue as I have done a Norton scan and have run Spybot
    >which found the offending "false alert" which I deleted but it's still
    >there!!
    >Can one of you kind souls help me out here?
    >I'm not a geek but can follow advice ok
    >Running XP with Norton AV and firewall

    AVG spyware is very good - at least for 30 days
    http://free.grisoft.com/doc/20/lng/us/tpl/v5

    Process explorer is a very handy utility
    http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html
    double click on a process and view the image to see it's located

    Other utilities to the left side of that link are also very handy.

    As a last resort (for me at least) is to disable the process/service
    in MSCONFIG

    Start | Run <type in>
    MSCONFIG
    <enter>
    (it's only a temp measure)
    --

    http://www.onahorse.com/
    , May 30, 2007
  4. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    > Dave "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> My kids have been playing and I now find I have a bloody annoying
    >> flashing alert in my taskbar from spylock that tells me I have
    >> potential problems with infections etc.
    >> I know this to be untrue as I have done a Norton scan and have run
    >> Spybot which found the offending "false alert" which I deleted but
    >> it's still there!!
    >> Can one of you kind souls help me out here?
    >> I'm not a geek but can follow advice ok
    >> Running XP with Norton AV and firewall
    >>
    >> Many thanks
    >> Dave
    >>

    > Results 1 - 10 of about 31,900 for remove spylock. (0.13 seconds). Do
    > your homework and read what's written about it, you lazy bastard.
    >
    > --
    > Your mother was a sullen savage who talked so much she was kept under the
    > influence of alcohol.

    Piss off twat

    Kind regards
    Dave
    Dave, May 30, 2007
  5. Dave

    Dave Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "Dave" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>My kids have been playing and I now find I have a bloody annoying flashing
    >>alert in my taskbar from spylock that tells me I have potential problems
    >>with infections etc.
    >>I know this to be untrue as I have done a Norton scan and have run Spybot
    >>which found the offending "false alert" which I deleted but it's still
    >>there!!
    >>Can one of you kind souls help me out here?
    >>I'm not a geek but can follow advice ok
    >>Running XP with Norton AV and firewall

    > AVG spyware is very good - at least for 30 days
    > http://free.grisoft.com/doc/20/lng/us/tpl/v5
    >
    > Process explorer is a very handy utility
    > http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html
    > double click on a process and view the image to see it's located
    >
    > Other utilities to the left side of that link are also very handy.
    >
    > As a last resort (for me at least) is to disable the process/service
    > in MSCONFIG
    >
    > Start | Run <type in>
    > MSCONFIG
    > <enter>
    > (it's only a temp measure)
    > --
    >
    > http://www.onahorse.com/

    Thanks for your sensible reply (unlike that waste of oxygen J.H.) I found a
    great little prog called Rogue Remover and this did the trick!
    Thanks again
    Dave
    Dave, May 30, 2007
  6. Dave

    Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote:

    >Thanks for your sensible reply (unlike that waste of oxygen J.H.) I found a
    >great little prog called Rogue Remover and this did the trick!

    By googleing: Remove spylock? :)

    --

    http://www.onahorse.com/
    , May 30, 2007
  7. Dave

    Dave Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "Dave" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Thanks for your sensible reply (unlike that waste of oxygen J.H.) I found
    >>great little prog called Rogue Remover and this did the trick!

    > By googleing: Remove spylock? :)
    >

    > --
    >
    > http://www.onahorse.com/

    Yep, perhaps I should have tried that before bothering you!!
    God that John bloke is a creep!!
    Is he well known for his helpful replies on here?

    Dave
    Dave, May 30, 2007
  8. Dave

    Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> "Dave" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Thanks for your sensible reply (unlike that waste of oxygen J.H.) I found
    >>>great little prog called Rogue Remover and this did the trick!

    >> By googleing: Remove spylock? :)

    >Yep, perhaps I should have tried that before bothering you!!

    It's no bother, but I hope the advice of AVG spyware is taken, as you
    usually don't just have one problem. You only caught the one that
    advertises itself.

    >God that John bloke is a creep!!
    >Is he well known for his helpful replies on here?

    He does what he does, some people take his random tag line personally.

    --

    http://www.onahorse.com/
    , May 30, 2007
  9. Dave

    Muse Groops Guest

    Dave wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> "Dave" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Thanks for your sensible reply (unlike that waste of oxygen J.H.) I found
    >>> great little prog called Rogue Remover and this did the trick!

    >> By googleing: Remove spylock? :)
    >>

    >> --
    >>
    >> http://www.onahorse.com/

    > Yep, perhaps I should have tried that before bothering you!!
    > God that John bloke is a creep!!
    > Is he well known for his helpful replies on here?
    >

    > Dave

    Yes
    Muse Groops, May 30, 2007
  10. Dave

    pete Guest

    you objectionable ****
    pete, May 30, 2007
  11. pete wrote:
    > On Wed, 30 May 2007 19:31:43 +0200 (CEST), John Holmes
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Dave "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>> My kids have been playing and I now find I have a bloody annoying
    >>> flashing alert in my taskbar from spylock that tells me I have
    >>> potential problems with infections etc.
    >>> I know this to be untrue as I have done a Norton scan and have run
    >>> Spybot which found the offending "false alert" which I deleted but
    >>> it's still there!!
    >>> Can one of you kind souls help me out here?
    >>> I'm not a geek but can follow advice ok
    >>> Running XP with Norton AV and firewall
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks
    >>> Dave
    >>>

    >> Results 1 - 10 of about 31,900 for remove spylock. (0.13 seconds). Do
    >> your homework and read what's written about it, you lazy bastard.

    > you objectionable ****

    Objectionable or not, they are useful, whereas lazy pricks aren't.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, May 31, 2007
  12. Dave

    Guest

    Dave wrote:
    > Hi,
    > My kids have been playing and I now find I have a bloody annoying flashing
    > alert in my taskbar from spylock that tells me I have potential problems
    > with infections ect.
    > I know this to be untrue as I have done a Norton scan and have run Spybot
    > which found the offending "false alert" which I deleted but it's still
    > there!!

    Infections can disable your firewall spyware and anti-virus and this
    case the spylock is the culprit.

    > Can one of you kind souls help me out here?
    > I'm not a geek but can follow advice ok
    > Running XP with Norton AV and firewall

    I'm more comfortable with the AVG Free anti-virus then have adaware,
    spybot, and Agnitum
    outpost firewall free for XP.

    One thing you need to do is always google the programs you intend to
    install with spyware.

    Like this in Google: spylock spyware and instantly I see

    "Software - Virus/Spyware
    I have window XP and it has been infected with spylock spyware. I have
    used adware anti spyware but the annoying triangular icon with these
    signs !,X

    Searched everywhere.. I cannot remove SpyLock. - Malwarebytes ...
    I got the Spylock spyware and I searched everywhere, but I cannot find
    a solution. I think the main problem is that I'm using Windows ME,
    which cannot run ...

    SpyLock - Remove SpyLock Instructions and SpyLock Descriptions
    SpyLock Descriptions: SpyLocked or SpyLocked 3.7 is a counterfeit anti-
    spyware software. SpyLocked usually installed itself onto your PC
    without your ...

    neatnettricks :: View topic - spyware
    Usually, SpyLock also installs a browser highjacker as well. The
    symptoms you describe are indicative of spyware. However,
    SuperAntispyware should have ...

    Always google the program with spyware, there is soo much junk you can
    avoid.

    Do this and have the famailia do this every time you or they think
    about dowloading and installing a program or game and it will
    hopefully become second nature.

    Always always always scan files (in my case with AVG Free) after you
    download them, before installing them.

    Ok here is your problem. Since your spyware and virus programs didn't
    find this they may have been
    disabled to a certain extent or just plain not work at all.

    You should uninstall these and reinstall them in my opinion after you
    successfully remove spylock.

    I personally would reinstall windows at the least.
    , May 31, 2007
  13. Dave

    Basil Fawlty Guest

    "Dave" <> schreef in bericht

    > <> wrote in message
    >> "Dave" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Thanks for your sensible reply (unlike that waste of oxygen J.H.) I found
    >>>great little prog called Rogue Remover and this did the trick!

    >> By googleing: Remove spylock? :)
    >>

    >> --
    >>
    >> http://www.onahorse.com/

    > Yep, perhaps I should have tried that before bothering you!!
    > God that John bloke is a creep!!
    > Is he well known for his helpful replies on here?
    >

    > Dave

    Tell us just exactly /what/ you didn't understand in John Holmes' reply, you
    miserable, braindead, lazy imbecile?

    --
    Philty
    Basil Fawlty, May 31, 2007
  14. Dave

    John Holmes Guest

    Dave "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > <> wrote in message
    >> "Dave" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Thanks for your sensible reply (unlike that waste of oxygen J.H.) I
    >>>found a
    >>>great little prog called Rogue Remover and this did the trick!

    >> By googleing: Remove spylock? :)
    >>

    >> --
    >>
    >> http://www.onahorse.com/

    > Yep, perhaps I should have tried that before bothering you!!
    > God that John bloke is a creep!!
    > Is he well known for his helpful replies on here?

    Yes I am, you whining ****. My reply was accurate. It was right there, on
    the first fucking link!

    --
    Your mother was an erratic nincompoop who was so ugly she had to be kept
    in a bag.
    John Holmes, May 31, 2007
  15. Dave

    > Dave "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >

    >> <> wrote in message

    >>> By googleing: Remove spylock? :)
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> http://www.onahorse.com/

    >> Yep, perhaps I should have tried that before bothering you!!
    >> God that John bloke is a creep!!
    >> Is he well known for his helpful replies on here?
    >>

    > Yes I am, you whining ****. My reply was accurate. It was right there, on
    > the first fucking link!
    >

    >> Dave
    >>

    > --
    > Your mother was an erratic nincompoop who was so ugly she had to be kept
    > in a bag.

    So sorry prick, thought this was a "helpdesk". It's sad "no mates" like
    you (probably mid thirties, no girlfriend and living at home with aged
    relatives) that give Usenet a bad name.

    Get outside and get yourself a life

    Kindest regards and good luck in your quest for a useful life!!

    Dave
    Dave, May 31, 2007
  16. Dave

    John Holmes Guest

    Dave "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    >> Dave "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>

    >>> <> wrote in message

    >>> Yep, perhaps I should have tried that before bothering you!!
    >>> God that John bloke is a creep!!
    >>> Is he well known for his helpful replies on here?
    >>>

    >> Yes I am, you whining ****. My reply was accurate. It was right
    >> there, on the first fucking link!
    >>

    >>> Dave
    >>>

    >> --
    >> Your mother was an erratic nincompoop who was so ugly she had to be
    >> kept in a bag.

    > So sorry prick, thought this was a "helpdesk". It's sad "no mates"
    > like you (probably mid thirties, no girlfriend and living at home with
    > aged relatives) that give Usenet a bad name.
    >
    > Get outside and get yourself a life
    >
    > Kindest regards and good luck in your quest for a useful life!!
    >
    > Dave

    WTF are you blabbering about? I showed you how to find what you're
    looking for. You just failed to understand what I was telling you. You
    can FOAD right now, you stupid, ignorant piece of dust. People like you
    should be shot, right there on spot. Furthermore, don't you come telling
    me how a useful life can be, as I have more then one GF which is more
    then you'll ever have.

    --
    You pimply container of nasty potting compost.
    John Holmes, May 31, 2007
  17. Dave

    > Dave "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >

    >> "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    >>> Dave "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Yes I am, you whining ****. My reply was accurate. It was right
    >>> there, on the first fucking link!

    >>> --
    >>> Your mother was an erratic nincompoop who was so ugly she had to be
    >>> kept in a bag.

    >> So sorry prick, thought this was a "helpdesk". It's sad "no mates"
    >> like you (probably mid thirties, no girlfriend and living at home with
    >> aged relatives) that give Usenet a bad name.
    >>
    >> Get outside and get yourself a life
    >>
    >> Kindest regards and good luck in your quest for a useful life!!
    >>
    >> Dave
    >>

    > WTF are you blabbering about? I showed you how to find what you're
    > looking for. You just failed to understand what I was telling you. You
    > can FOAD right now, you stupid, ignorant piece of dust. People like you
    > should be shot, right there on spot. Furthermore, don't you come telling
    > me how a useful life can be, as I have more then one GF which is more
    > then you'll ever have.
    >
    > --
    > You pimply container of nasty potting compost.

    Dear John,
    I obviously hit a very raw nerve by your venomous reply so my best advice is
    recognise you have a problem and do something about it. Get rid of that
    dirty old raincoat and get rid of that stupid comb over, get out of that
    smelly bedroom and go perhaps, to a singles club, where I'm sure you'll meet
    a nice girl or boy.
    As for your advice, although accurate, was given in a very aggressive manner
    which only goes to reinforce my summing up of you.

    Kindest regards

    Dave

    This will be my last post on his subject (I usually charge for advice)
    Dave, Jun 1, 2007
  18. Dave

    Dustin Cook Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in

    > Hi,
    > My kids have been playing and I now find I have a bloody annoying
    > flashing alert in my taskbar from spylock that tells me I have
    > potential problems with infections etc.

    Your welcome to give BugHunter a try, if you run your computer in safe
    mode, be sure to extract the safebug.zip file, and run the safebug.bat
    file. Or just browse thru the instructions.

    If the variant you have is known, BugHunter may be able to disable/remove
    it for you. Be sure to import FIXREG.REG into your system registry when
    finished scanning to remove the balloon. Please let us know how it goes.

    BugHunter can be found here:
    http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk

    --
    Dustin Cook
    Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool - v2.2c
    Dustin Cook, Jun 2, 2007