    dont care about the silly story line,I luv 3 d,,, I saw House of Wax in a
    theatre in 3 d in a movie festival recently, great 3 d.....thanks for
    reading this...
    peterb, Jun 28, 2004

  2. peterb wrote:
    > Okay so I love 3d movies with the silly cardboard glasses,after the
    > disappointment with Shrek 3d, is Spy Kids any better as far as 3d goes? I
    > dont care about the silly story line,I luv 3 d,,, I saw House of Wax in a
    > theatre in 3 d in a movie festival recently, great 3 d.....thanks for
    > reading this...

    I bought it, couldn't get a 3D image without getting a headache, and
    even then it wasn't a good one. Polarized light and glasses, that's how
    3D works best, not with red and blue, because they don't blend together
    into normal colors like you'd expect.

    --

    "If you examined a hundred people who had lost their faith in
    Christianity, I wonder how many of them would turn out to have reasoned

    --C.S. Lewis
    Grand Inquisitor, Jun 28, 2004

  3. I agree...both in the theater and at home on a 65" HD monitor the 3-D effect
    is lackluster.
    The red/blue glasses never "blend" the picture...there's always that
    "shadow" and that's what gives me the headache. While the movie is just a
    3-D showcase (the plot is thin and the 3-D moments are obvious) there's no
    reason for characters to behave this way except to look sideways at a camera
    to make sure their actions are "in frame" for a stick coming at you or an
    arm extended towards you.

    You can try it, but I'd suggest a rental.

    Rob McCartney, Jun 29, 2004
  4. peterb

    stankley Guest

    "peterb" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Okay so I love 3d movies with the silly cardboard glasses,after the
    > disappointment with Shrek 3d, is Spy Kids any better as far as 3d goes? I
    > dont care about the silly story line,I luv 3 d,,, I saw House of Wax in a
    > theatre in 3 d in a movie festival recently, great 3 d.....thanks for
    > reading this...

    The movie itself sucks and blows at the same time. The 2 prequels
    were both decent enough, but for some reason all creative ideas went
    out the window for this film (have there been ANY decent 3D movies?).

    As for the 3D effect, watching on a 50" projection it worked pretty
    well. We're not talking iMax here, but it was tolerable.
    stankley, Jun 30, 2004
  5. >(have there been ANY decent 3D movies?).

    1. House of Wax

    2. Kiss me Kate

    3. Dial M for Murder

    4. Hondo

    I'm sure there were a few more, but I can't remember the titles of the others
    offhand.
    Waterperson77, Jul 3, 2004
  6. Grand Inquisitor wrote:

    > I bought it, couldn't get a 3D image without getting a headache, and
    > even then it wasn't a good one. Polarized light and glasses, that's how
    > 3D works best, not with red and blue, because they don't blend together
    > into normal colors like you'd expect.

    I guess I'm the only one who remembers that 3-D TV process (the one from
    that Super Bowl halftime one year) that not only worked perfectly, but
    was designed to look absolutely normal when viewed without the
    polarized-style glasses--

    Apart from a couple Diet Coke commercials and a cereal promotion, don't
    think it was ever used again after that...
    One problem was, every time they still ran the ads (eg. that
    bullfighter/George Michael one), you couldn't tell whether it was in 3-D
    or not.

    Derek Janssen (who's still got the glasses buried in a drawer somewhere)
    Derek Janssen, Jul 3, 2004