    controls for the monitor?

    Any advice appreciated.

    , Feb 12, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > Recently aqcuired Spyder2 Suite colorimeter and software. Problem: the
    > colorimeter sits dead center of the LCD screen, exactly where the pop-
    > up window for the RGB sliders also sits. Can't calibrate as a result
    > inasmuch the sliders are obscured and the pop-up window messes with
    > the gizmo's readings.

    The workflow doesn't have any adjusters on screen when the Spyder is on
    it. You get the adjustments done, then, and only then, do you put the
    device in place. Just follow the prompts and don't put the device in
    place until told to do so.

    --
    Derek Fountain on the web at http://www.derekfountain.org/

    Derek Fountain, Feb 12, 2007

  3. wrote:
    > Recently aqcuired Spyder2 Suite colorimeter and software. Problem: the
    > colorimeter sits dead center of the LCD screen, exactly where the pop-
    > up window for the RGB sliders also sits. Can't calibrate as a result
    > inasmuch the sliders are obscured and the pop-up window messes with
    > the gizmo's readings.
    >
    > Is there a way to move the pop-up window aside so I can access the RGB
    > controls for the monitor?
    >
    > Any advice appreciated.

    First, aren't you supposed to adjust the sliders before attaching the
    colorimeter? Second, if you can't get around that, I don't believe it
    has to be dead center.

    --
    John McWilliams- who ought to be recalibrating his with same....

    John McWilliams, Feb 12, 2007
  4. Guest Guest

    frankpetermann> Recently aqcuired Spyder2 Suite colorimeter and software. Problem: the
    frankpetermann> colorimeter sits dead center of the LCD screen, exactly where the pop-
    frankpetermann> up window for the RGB sliders also sits. Can't calibrate as a result
    frankpetermann> inasmuch the sliders are obscured and the pop-up window messes with
    frankpetermann> the gizmo's readings.

    frankpetermann> Is there a way to move the pop-up window aside so I can access the RGB
    frankpetermann> controls for the monitor?

    frankpetermann> Any advice appreciated.

    I have the same issue, when trying to balance the color and
    get the temperature correct. This is iterative, and during each
    iteration I make my adjustments, put the colorimeter back, and
    turn off the monitor's menu before telling Spyder to measure
    again. This seems to work fine.

    ah

    --
    Andrew Hall
    (Now reading Usenet in rec.photo.digital...)

    Guest, Feb 12, 2007
  5. Mark² Guest

    wrote:
    > Recently aqcuired Spyder2 Suite colorimeter and software. Problem: the
    > colorimeter sits dead center of the LCD screen, exactly where the pop-
    > up window for the RGB sliders also sits. Can't calibrate as a result
    > inasmuch the sliders are obscured and the pop-up window messes with
    > the gizmo's readings.
    >
    > Is there a way to move the pop-up window aside so I can access the RGB
    > controls for the monitor?
    >
    > Any advice appreciated.

    The device isn't taking readings while you adjust your on-screen sliders.
    You can simply swing the spyder to the side, or remomove it while you
    fiddle, then replace it when it takes its readings later in the workflow.

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Feb 12, 2007
  6. Toby Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Recently aqcuired Spyder2 Suite colorimeter and software. Problem: the
    > colorimeter sits dead center of the LCD screen, exactly where the pop-
    > up window for the RGB sliders also sits. Can't calibrate as a result
    > inasmuch the sliders are obscured and the pop-up window messes with
    > the gizmo's readings.
    >
    > Is there a way to move the pop-up window aside so I can access the RGB
    > controls for the monitor?
    >
    > Any advice appreciated.

    I have the earlier version, and all I do is to drag the window over to where
    the monitor controls don't overlay it and attach the Spyder there. I would
    be surprised if in the newer version the calibration window isn't draggable.

    Toby

    Toby, Feb 13, 2007