    help me to be able to achive this goal ?.
    thank you
    guy

    picture taker, Nov 10, 2005

  2. picture taker

    bmoag Guest

    You probably just need to calibrate your monitors/laptop screens and learn
    basic color management.
    It is not just a matter of buying the gadget but understanding how to use
    color spaces and printer/paper profiles.
    Different printer manufacturers implement color management differently in
    their drivers and you have to learn how to use those settings in conjunction
    with Photoshop color management. I believe the choice of papers for use with
    the Kodak dye sub printer is extremely limited which actually makes the
    process easier, presuming Kodak provides reasonable canned paper profiles
    with the printer driver.
    It ain't rocket science but it has a learning curve.
    If you want Sam's Club prints ya get what ya pay for.

    bmoag, Nov 10, 2005

  3. picture taker

    kctan Guest

    Color Vision Spyder 2 Pro Studio only help you to calibrate your monitor so
    that you can see the genuine visual (color, density, contrast...etc) of your
    image before you decide to do adjustment (analogous to calibrated lightbox
    for slide viewing). When you print from PS, you got to "off" printer color
    management from the printer software. In PS "Print with preview..." check
    more options and select color management while in the print space window,
    select your paper canned profile (the type of paper you are using), intent
    to perceptual and check black point compensation. If everything done
    correctly, print output will match monitor closely. But remember, the light
    that use to view the print got to match the white point (color temperature
    and I prefer 6500 to 7500 degreeK) of calibrated monitor. The way you
    calibrate your monitor is crucial especially the ambient light (not print
    viewing light). Read the instruction carefully and be understood. Hope could
    help you in some ways.

    kctan, Nov 10, 2005
  4. Re: spyder studio pro 2 is this what i need ?

    hi , thank you both for the reply.
    what is the best way to calibrate your monitor , that is different from
    your basic resoloution settings ?.
    guy

    picture taker, Nov 10, 2005